Layer for can choice...

Dear Zortrax team…

I installed Z-suite.

And test it.

I can’t choice other layer thickness.

can possible only 0.2mm thickness.

Is it right?

Pls… how to slove it?

Currently only 0.2 is available, 0.14 and 0.9 will be available in further updates.

Best Regards

I hope 0.25 and 0.30 will also be available for faster prints and other materials…

julia

…and 0.025 / 0.050 for small parts and incredible detail! :smiley:

[quote name=Martin Olchanowski]Currently only 0.2 is available, 0.14 and 0.9 will be available in further updates.

Best Regards
[/quote]

now… I found that you is staff of Zortrax.

Thank you for reply…

If possible I want know… Why now is impossible for other layer thickness?

I had thought… It possible at least 0.1mm thickness.

And I remember… your team said to me… “0.1mm quality is near same 0.05mm also… speed is fast.”

I do not satisfied 0.2mm quality.(It is impossible or not good to small size models.)

Nevertheless… high speed can not use… Why?

About for printing(save Z-code in SD card) slice times…

It is so late… than other open souce program.

It need improvement too.

I believe M200 have many advantage… So I buy it.

Pls… I ask to you… It is important… for layer thickness and speed.

Asap… update…

Yang, the current firmware and software is beta - not finished yet. Martin and the rest of the Zortrax team are working on updates to add the missing features as soon as possible.

@lasercraft

We’re still in beta testing phase. The firmware and software is not final yet. All the features you’re missing will be implemented over time.

EDIT

Julia was quicker! :smiley:

One of the advantages to be part of this beta phase is that we as first batch buyers get the low $19 filament price for life! Printers ordered later after the beta phase will have a higher filament price…

That’s at least how I understood it. :wink:

OK, it will be said I have a bad attitude again.

I don’t mind beta as long as I know it is going to be beta. If you went to the Zortrax website now, read the description, and ordered one, then you would expect it to do what it says.

I understand lasercraft wanting to know why the features listed are not available if the site does not say something like coming soon on all the features. Beta is fine, right now the machine does what I need. No problems. But, having said that, if it is beta, then the people looking at the site, and seeing the features listed should be informed if that feature is not currently available.

Some features are listed as coming soon, but not all the features that are listed, but not available currently state coming soon.

Julia & Andre… Thank you for kindly reply…

All is cause that my expect was So big for M200.

Now I have Form1 and I have experience other cheap FDM 3d printers.

So… I make a comparison…

Yesterday… I received M200. So… I was all is new… So need many inform. ^^*

I can’t find these informs.(from main site… so… I visit forum.)

Now… I found it from Martin and you… Thank you…

I learning from elders last topics.

Ah… I use PC and Mac too.

M200 will be made friend… ^^*

Have a nice day…

[quote name=dgtaylor45]OK, it will be said I have a bad attitude again.

I don’t mind beta as long as I know it is going to be beta. If you went to the Zortrax website now, read the description, and ordered one, then you would expect it to do what it says.

I understand lasercraft wanting to know why the features listed are not available if the site does not say something like coming soon on all the features. Beta is fine, right now the machine does what I need. No problems. But, having said that, if it is beta, then the people looking at the site, and seeing the features listed should be informed if that feature is not currently available.

Some features are listed as coming soon, but not all the features that are listed, but not available currently state coming soon.
[/quote]

@dgtaylor45

Thank you for reply…

My purpose is little consideration for the customer.

It is very important for customer and future’s customer.

It need kindly Description… In main site.(www.zortrax.com)

But not have… many people don’t know it…

I know… Zortrax’s moto is EASY TO USE.

If received machine… right now… you can use it.

But… I can’t it… So… It is little disappointment.

Next times… (I say ‘friend’ = future’s M200 user)

I want our friend get feel it.(EASY TO USE)

I like MAC. MAC have something have it.

I want M200 will be lovely 3dprinter to many friend.

Have a nice day…

[quote name=dgtaylor45]OK, it will be said I have a bad attitude again.

[/quote]

Hi - please read my warning on Cubify Sense - that is a HUGE company in the 3D space that has made a Kinect based sensor with software for PC and MAC. If you think Zortrax M200 is beta - then Cubify Sense is ALPHA:slight_smile:

And support from Zortrax is better than Cubify AND Ultimaker - much much much more responsive. I have used my Ultimaker 1 for 1 1/2 years - and struggled with choosing between printers for ABS prints from Cubify, Ultimaker UM2 - or Zortrax. I did not back the Kickstarter - but I almost did. But so many 3D printers on Kickstarter has turned out “less than good” - but once I read the first comments from people who received their printers - and saw the response time in the forum and from their mail support - I ordered the MOMENT they got Black ABS in stock :slight_smile:

Ultimaker support is “not really there” - people wait AGES for replacement parts - waits AGES for printer delivery - and the UM2 does not seem to come close to the Zortrax in Quality. Their Cura software is always in “beta” despite it is version 14.01 - every release breaks some old features - and then it takes AGES for them to fix it. So that is why I did NOT buy a UM2.

Cubify printers are error prone - look at eBay - you can get a almost new triple head printer for about $2000 - less than 1/2 new price. Why? Because of the error rates, lack of support, expensive “cartridges” with material, and really bad software developers from what I have seen so far. (Or they might be overworked - and working on to many projects)

So if you judge among Zortrax peers - there are not a lot of companies who delivers like zortrax -with the quality of zortrax - and with the responsiveness of zortrax support.

Yes there are things that could be better - there are things in the manual that could be explained better - there are still promised/described features that are not working - but I am certain Zortrax will make them work sooner rather than later. I am not worried at all. And when Zortrax makes a mistake - they seem to follow up and correct it very quickly.

I am not affiliated with Zortrax in ANY way apart from being a happy customer - who is also an electronics engineer :slight_smile: