left side shadow / improving sharp edges

Hallo,

I noticed most of my prints have small "left side shadows" of the printed contour.

It´s not a big thing at all, but maybe this can be improved.

I also noticed that often edges of symetric parts defere a bit.

One side is clean, and the other side is more round or has al little bump.

Is there anything I can do, to optimize these peculiarities?

1) Prevent Shadows

2) Sharp edges all around without little bumps.

The "shadows" are "ghosting" or ringing from mechanical resonances. Could probably be improved by reducing print speed, but not many people want to print more slowly I think. It was improved considerably a while ago by one of the firmware updates, are you using recent firmware?

Hi Polinizei,

Timing belt tension is also known to affect mechanical resonances, that is causing your shadows.

Most likely the tension has been lowered for some reason.

Once I designed a 10 m gantry robot using timing belts and got resonance issues.

The timing belt supplier came and used a tuning fork when adjusting the tension. The tension was supposed to be much higher than I had anticipated.

But often, using your finger on the belt is sufficient.

Best regards

Hans Lagerström

Julia, Hans,

thanks for your feedback.

For that I installed the android Tune-Pitched App on my Galaxy und retuned all belts in specific Positions @144Hz +/- 30.

Not shure that my tuning was succesfull...

My test part contains all critical details. At least all the issues are reproducible.

The "shadows" are "ghosting" or ringing from mechanical resonances. Could probably be improved by reducing print speed, but not many people want to print more slowly I think. It was improved considerably a while ago by one of the firmware updates, are you using recent firmware?

By the way, is it possible to have a mode slower than normal, in à future version of Z-suite ?

Julia, Hans,

thanks for your feedback.

For that I installed the android Tune-Pitched App on my Galaxy und retuned all belts in specific Positions @144Hz +/- 30.

Not shure that my tuning was succesfull…

My test part contains all critical details. At least all the issues are reproducible.

Very interesting !

You’re Right, à belt has à specific frequency

http://www.schaeffler.com/remotemedien/media/_shared_media/08_media_library/01_publications/schaeffler_2/software/downloads_21/belt_tension_calculator.xls

Polinizei,

The timing belt GT2 6 mm should have a working tension of 27,5 N (they say 2,8 kg) according to some suppliers on internet.

So, I arranged a belt, 283 mm, with 27,5 N tension and listened to the pitch with my Iphone frequency meter and got 136 Hz, give or take.

My M200 four long belts are 84-96 Hz.

Your belts seem to be on the spot.

Regards

Hans