Low cost Zortrax enclosure and filtration system on Kickstarter.

See: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64537310/3d-printer-lightweight-enclosure-and-filtration-sy

399$ => this is not low cost.

at this price, I prefer to buy this one :

www.machines-3d.com/capot-de-protection-zortrax-m200-avec-filtre-hepa-xml-364_370-1215.html

+ normal enclosure,

it is stronger than tissue

Hi Jérémy,

Thanks for sharing,  I am always interested in seeing what others are doing in the space.   

Couple thoughts:

• Filtration:  Has the enclosure been tested for UFP and VOC effectiveness?
  • Sealed enviorment: Is the environment sealed or does the filter vent into the room?
  • Excess heat dissipation:  How does the solution vent excess heat, our Scrubber is solid aluminum and dissipates the excess heat preventing printer damage
  • Printer Independent:  Our enclosure can be used with any printer  
  • Material: Our enclosures are made from strong nylon and aluminum fabric that works with the frame to provide a solid enclosure

James 

Hi Jérémy,

Thanks for sharing,  I am always interested in seeing what others are doing in the space.   

Couple thoughts:

• Filtration:  Has the enclosure been tested for UFP and VOC effectiveness?
  • Sealed enviorment: Is the environment sealed or does the filter vent into the room?
  • Excess heat dissipation:  How does the solution vent excess heat, our Scrubber is solid aluminum and dissipates the excess heat preventing printer damage
  • Printer Independent:  Our enclosure can be used with any printer  
  • Material: Our enclosures are made from strong nylon and aluminum fabric that works with the frame to provide a solid enclosure

James 

I would be very happy to buy your solid enclosures with all the bells and whistles if they weren't so expensive.

I've got a spot where 2 pairs stacked on top of each other would fit perfectly, and I am concerned about the fumes, but at that price (especially delivered to Australia) I just can't do it.

They look great, by the way.

I'd only want the solid one, not the fabric one.

Hi Hobbymods,

Thank you. 

Couple thoughts:

• Our aluminum enclosures are very solid and should last 10 to 20 years 
  • Our enclosures are printer independent, enabling users to switch or upgrade printers over the years
  • Enclosed print environments improve print quality and reduce the number of failed prints
  • We are focused on filtration and will continue to enhance and improve our filters as new materials come out. E.g. you would use the same enclosure and scrubber but with new filters.

Even with shipping this works out to about $100 or $200 a year per enclosure.

James

Hi Hobbymods,

Thank you. 

Couple thoughts:

• Our aluminum enclosures are very solid and should last 10 to 20 years 
  • Our enclosures are printer independent, enabling users to switch or upgrade printers over the years
  • Enclosed print environments improve print quality and reduce the number of failed prints
  • We are focused on filtration and will continue to enhance and improve our filters as new materials come out. E.g. you would use the same enclosure and scrubber but with new filters.

Even with shipping this works out to about $100 or $200 a year per enclosure.

James

Like I said mate, they look great.