[M SERIES PLUS][M300 DUAL] 2.5.0 firmware released

Dear users,

Firmware 2.5.0 has just been released. Full changelog available below:

M Series Plus

• Regulating of the heater temperature has been improved – hotend heating is now faster and temperature changes are smaller,
  • Identifying of M Series Plus v2 devices has been improved,
  • Platform manual calibration is now faster and simplified,
  • Introduced a screensaver,
  • It is now possible to restore devices to factory settings,
  • Suggested maintenance procedures are now marked DONE once they’ve been carried out,
  • Overall stability improvements.

M300 Dual

• Platform autocalibration is now faster,
  • Improved hotend switch calibration procedure,
  • Platform manual calibration is now faster and simplified,
  • Introduced a screensaver,
  • It is now possible to restore devices to factory settings,
  • Suggested maintenance procedures are now marked DONE once they’ve been carried out,
  • Overall stability improvements.

You can download the firmware here.

There is a big problem with the new firmware 2.5.0:
heatbed temperature drops and remains to 25-30 Celsius degrees during the printing process instead of keeping the set temperature of 85 degrees!
This happened with both an M200 Plus v1 and v2 printers, loaded with external materials and using the following temperature settings:
Extrusion temp.: 248
Platform temp.: 85
At the end of printing with the new firmware, the heated bed was cold and the printed object was visibly warped.
Please investigate as soon as possible, thank you.

Hello @giufini,

Thank you for your feedback - we will definitely look into the matter. Could you also share a file you are having issues with, please? Also, what Z-SUITE version are you using?

Best regards,
Karolina

I am using Z-SUITE version 2.16.1.0 for Windows.
Can you provide me with an email address of yours in order to send you privately the file?

Hello,

Thank you for information. Please, send the file to karolina.dziczek@zortrax.com. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Karolina

After updating M300 Dual to v2.5 during loading material every time I recieve error “encoder malfunction”.
When started printing sometimes this eroor occurs and stops process.
Both of my M300 PLUS printers lost camera connection after that update.
So far I returned to 2.4.3 on all my machines (because 2.4.4 has other issues, like overheating problem on M300 PLUS printers. issues with cameras while on LAN)
M300 Dual works fine and without errors on that firmware.

Hello Karolina, I just sent you an email with the required files.
I look forward to hearing from you for a possible solution, thank you.

1 Like

Hello Karolina,
Do you have any news about the problem I reported?
Did you replicate the issue with the file I provided via email?
Thank you.

So it seems Zortrax is the same as usual, 12 days after receiving a report they have nothing.

@giufini have you discovered that M200 V1 hardware is indeed capable of recovery, the blackout detection do works, even when @Zortrax claims it not.

Such a shame they try to force users to change older machines for “new versions” claiming improvements and in the end all what we get as users is shitty upgrades, and constant malfunction of “professional devices”

For full proof check the following video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/quycpz42neuqp9v/VID_20210108_222851347.mp4?dl=0

Thank you for add a screensaver but… screensaver should be a square shape. Circle screensaver shape does not fit to menu design and overall machine design.