M200 Fan Shroud

Since I haven’t actually printed this yet I can’t put it into the Printroom. I was trying to make a different fan shroud but there is not a lot of room to work with and I have abandoned the idea, for now. To be continued, maybe. Anyways, since I have not actually printed it yet I offer no warranties as to it’s fit and finish. You can print it in any color you want and enjoy if you are so inclined. Let me know if it requires any tweaking.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:257524

Dhatw.

It seems good to me. :slight_smile: When PLA profiles will be available it would be nice to have this mirrored and put a fan on left side too.

[quote name=Trhuster]It seems good to me. :slight_smile: When PLA profiles will be available it would be nice to have this mirrored and put a fan on left side too.
[/quote]

I was trying to make a channel from the front of the existing shroud to the other side of the nozzle. Thereby having air delivery from either side of the nozzle. As I said though there is very little room especially with the heater block being so big. I would have had to make it very long to go way around or really thin to go underneath and either way was not very aerodynamic. I though about the second fan idea but didn’t want to add more weight. But we will see what time brings. A second head weighs a lot more than a just a fan.

Dhatw.

I am not too scared about some extra weight, as you say it is not much compared to a dualhead setup and Zortrax is very well build. If you put up mirrored one i will print it and buy a fan and try it out.

I can mirror it no problem. I am at work now, when I get home tonight I will upload.

Dhatw.

I printed it with 0,19 layers, full infill, 80% fan and no support. I tell you, Zortrax with fan can do bridning soo good. Top surface is as straight as straight can be! Amazing. Just one problem and i don’t know if it was bad luck or that pin for screw interfered with bridging in some way. Mabey let pin for screw go all the way up to top surface? Sure i can use support but i am a no support lover kind of guy! :wink:

Wow, you printed that without support and with the hole side down??

Yes, no support and holeside down. Zortrax bridging ftw!

Sweet! I’m going to have to try some other object I printed before without support to see how it does because the support was hard to remove. :smiley:

[quote name=Trhuster]I am not too scared about some extra weight, as you say it is not much compared to a dualhead setup and Zortrax is very well build. If you put up mirrored one i will print it and buy a fan and try it out.
[/quote]

As requested the left side front hole has been moved all the way to the bottom. The reason I did not do this in the first place was to allow a little more room for air to move by. I have also mirrored it.

Dhatw.

Thx alot! I printed left side same settings as first one and no support. The bridging is so fun to watch, It draws a SINGE line across where opening is and then it start from other side and connect to that single thread so many times, just missed a few lines but it worked out in the end. No bump at the top this time, :slight_smile:

Now i need a new fan, i wonder if it will come up as replacement part on Zortrax website soon.

So i did some mounts and a dummy fan to see if i could mount it nicley. I pretty happy with this, just heat mabey can deform fanshroud after a while. I have it abit lower then on right side because off nozzle is offset to the right. I must get hold off some M3 screws same as on right side, and a real fan. I will testdrive it like this and see how it goes.

Thx dhatw for drawing up this left side fan shroud! :smiley:

[quote name=Trhuster]So i did some mounts and a dummy fan to see if i could mount it nicley. I pretty happy with this, just heat mabey can deform fanshroud after a while. I have it abit lower then on right side because off nozzle is offset to the right. Yea, i am missing one screw therfore a litte gap. I must get hold off some M3 screws same as on right side, and a real fan. I will testdrive it like this and see how it goes.

Thx dhatw for drawing up this left side fan shroud! :smiley:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ni4036.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/eq1947.jpg
[/quote]

Your welcome. I am trying something else right now (fan shroud related). If it works out I’ll post in lesbian an hour.

Make sure your left side far shroud isn’t so low that it hits the bed pins or the connector on top of the performance board.

[quote name=dhatw]Make sure your left side far shroud isn’t so low that it hits the bed pins or the connector on top of the performance board.
[/quote]

Good catch! I am 1mm to low. :cool: So some adjustment is needed.

[quote name=dhatw]If it works out I’ll post in lesbian an hour.
[/quote]

[quote name=Julia Truchsess][quote=dhatw]If it works out I’ll post in lesbian an hour.
[/quote]

http://www.pragmaticdesigns.com/Zortrax/zipped.jpg
[/quote]

That’s less than an hour not lesbian, oops. And it did not work out. I tried it without support and it did not work. Redesigning.

So i adjusted the bracket so the two fan shrouds are at exactly the same height now. Also really happy with mount, just plug it in and it is real tight and will go nowhere. Also very light. So now where is my real fan… :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome job Trhruster, the only thing I notice, and I could be wrong, but it looks like you new fan mount blocks the exit of the actual heat sink. The air from the top fan exits there.

BTW, what I was working on was a shroud that wraps around to the otherside of the heater block. The problem is it won’t print properly without support. The bridges attache nicely to the solid perimeters but some places it tries to attach to one string which is a previously laid bridge and it does not hold on. I might try printing it in two pieces or completely redesign it. I could post pictures but since it is a work in progress and I don’t know what the end result will be I figure it best to not show too much.

Dhatw.

[quote name=dhatw]Awesome job Trhruster, the only thing I notice, and I could be wrong, but it looks like you new fan mount blocks the exit of the actual heat sink. The air from the top fan exits there.

Dhatw.
[/quote]

I did think about this too but i can touch that heatsink with my fingers even after several hours off printing so i guess it is not a problem. I printing as we speak and print looks very good imo, heater block is around 40c after 1 hour off printing.