M200 Not Printing Hot Enough

So an update:

I installed the new PCB, no improvements there.

After thinking about it a little and talking with some people I decided to reinstall the v1 hotend to see what happens. Well I got an interesting result. Now instead of kind of random failures I now have this:

FiIL6A7.jpg

Its a little hard to see but there are pretty consistent failures going up the whole Z axis, every 15 layers or so. Really don't want to have to RMA the whole machine but I'm running out of idea.

Same problems with temperatures, like you posted in 1st post?

Same problems with temperatures, like you posted in 1st post?

Yep, still running the same temps as before

Yep, still running the same temps as before

Just to confirm, you've replaced : 

- Hotend 

- Ribbon cable

- ext PCB 

- Heater&Thermocoupler 

Am I right?

Just to confirm, you've replaced : 

- Hotend 

- Ribbon cable

- ext PCB 

- Heater&Thermocoupler 

Am I right?

Yes,

I have tried the original v1 and v2 hotend, the original v3 ribbon and new v3 ribbon, extruder PCB, and the heater and thermo coupler

I've been in contact with Octave and they said they would like me to send the machine in for them to look at. My issue is the only thing left to replace is the motherboard and PSU. They told me they don't have replacement motherboards and I would have to contact Zortrax to get one. Not to sure what they would be able to do then if they don't stock the only part left to replace.

You could swap the motherboards between your two machines and see if the problem follows it.

You could swap the motherboards between your two machines and see if the problem follows it.

I could, and I would like to but I really can't. My one printer has been running literally none stopped for the past two weeks since I don't have two machines to keep up with orders. I know it would only be about 2 hours probably to do the testing but when I only have 5-6 hours a day to print and get models ready for shipping that takes up a good portion of my work time. I might have time this weekend but I cant guarantee that. Plus I'm just nervous of doing this because if for some reason something goes wrong I am completely out of business and that would not be good.

Also seems like if I swap motherboards and it turns out to be the issue it wouldn't really solve much. Apparently no reseller or distributor can get replacement motherboards. So I will have to pay $80 for mailing the machine across the country so they can confirm its the motherboard again, take a motherboard from a good machine and then tell Zortrax in Poland a good new machine isn't working so Zortrax will send them new stuff.

Seems a bit messed up to me but I can't say I'm surprised.

At least you might be closer to knowing what the issue is.

Replacing MB procedure is slightly different than any other parts. Simply, we have to get old MB before programming & shipping new one. 

You can send it to us by yourself or we can arrange our courier to pick it up (19,89$)

New MB itself costs 119$ + 19,89$ shipping cost. 

Replacing MB procedure is slightly different than any other parts. Simply, we have to get old MB before programming & shipping new one. 

You can send it to us by yourself or we can arrange our courier to pick it up (19,89$)

New MB itself costs 119$ + 19,89$ shipping cost. 

Ya... No thanks, I'll figure something else out. Not sure if this helps troubleshoot the issue but as a last ditch effort I broke the Z-Temp back out, set it to +30c and now it prints perfectly again.

And it will proof that it is indeed a motherboard failure.

As I reported in some other post I have a very similar issue, the problem is that i cannot even load material corectly it starts clicking.

I waited 1 month to get the "motherboard" replacement I was handled by Ewa Jedynowicz and by a technician Aleksander Rucinski

They both claim the motheboard is new, guess what It's not  and I have this video to proof.

now I want a real brand new motherboard, and don't expect me to wait another month my customer is already  pissed off.

Of course I'm not returning anything until I get a replacement and I'm 100% sure my problem is solved.

Here is the video (quite long but totally worth it)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbtfqfukzt6iky9/VIDEO0142.mp4?dl=0

Ahntlia,

I took a look at your video. The motor skipping like that can be caused by a few issues, one is the motor drive current...... there is a (small) possibility that the motor drive current is simply set too low. Looking at my PCB, the current for the extruder stepper is likely set via W4. Tweaking W4 pot may raise the motor torque to an acceptable level. 

Messing with W4 might also completely wreck the pcb, motor, burn houses down, explode the planet, or cause the collapse of the universe...etc    Personally, I'd try it, but it's up to you... officially warned. 

You'll want to set this to where you no longer see the issue, but no more... too much current will cause heating/degradation/hard steps; make sure the IC next to W4 doesn't get too hot, same with the extruder motor (warm ok), cables, etc everything. Don't put too much force on the pot as it will be fragile.

Oj6Npvy.gif

Sounds basic, but have you tried cleaning the heater and sensor probes (the ones that go into the aluminium extruder block) AND cleaning the holes in the aluminium block itself?

Just a thought, and possibly not the problem, but worth a look.

Also good to check that the little grub screws in the block are snug/firmly tightened, but not too tight.

Haven't seen the issue on a Z, but I have on an UP....just one more little possibility to eliminate.

The hot end block is completly new and we are testign with brand new heater and sensor probes. We do discard any other factor before claiming motherboard replacement.

The hot end block is completly new and we are testign with brand new heater and sensor probes. We do discard any other factor before claiming motherboard replacement.

Ok, missed that sorry.