M200 unable to calibrate - raft lifting

Howdy Folks,

Since purchasing the unit I’ve enclosed the unit, moved to HIPS, swapped the bed 4 times, swapped in fresh nozels, run through the calibration / fresh abs-juice / etc many many times.

The problem is that the rear left quadrant raft ALWAYS lifts. If I rerun the calibration multiple times in a row it always says the unit is not calibrated. Since day 1 the calibration screws in the back have felt ‘loose’

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so do you have a solution or guide you can point me to?

Thanks folks,
Chris

Hello Chris,

Let me, please, sum everything up - you are unable to calibrate the printer, right? What values are shown on the screen?

Also, the calibration screw in the back seems loose - is it actually possible to tighten it as other ones? I am wondering if the platform regulating distance should not be replaced with a new one. Can you record a video showing what happens when you try to tighten it? Any picture of the warped model would be helpful as well.

Best regards,
Karolina

Howdy Karolina!

Let me, please, sum everything up - you are unable to calibrate the printer, right?

I believe this is the root issue.

What values are shown on the screen?

-0.2 Rear Left

-0.1 Rear Right

+0.2 Center

-0.1 Front Left

-0.1 Front Right

Also, the calibration screw in the back seems loose - is it actually possible to tighten it as other ones?

If I take the printbed off and look at the screwhead on the top of the spring – the rear left one just spins free. The rear right and front screwheads above the spring don’t budge. In addition – tightening or lossening the thumb knurl has very little resistance on the rear left unit & it has been this way since day 1.

I am wondering if the platform regulating distance should not be replaced with a new one. Can you record a video showing what happens when you try to tighten it?

How to tighten the ‘platform regulating distance’? I’m not sure how to do this.

Any picture of the warped model would be helpful as well.

3 pictures are attached

UsableArea (print in light grey) shows the platform area that always provides great prints.

The other 2 show a print that extends 10mm out from the center towards the 4 corners. The 3 corner prints fail consistently if printed in the center of the printer.

Thanks for helping!

Chris