M300 Dual Bottom Fan Error

Hello folks,

our m300 dual in the school give me an error on boot “Bottom Fan Error”. Also the fan-test “Bottom” is not functioned.

Ok i order an bottom fan from Zortrax and change the bottom fan according to description by Support Page.

But the error is still there and the bottom fan are not functioned.

What can i do?

best regards,
Johannes.

Dear technicians,

does anyone have any ideas what i could do?

best regard
Johannes.

Hi Johannes,

since you have already replaced the bottom fan - the extruder PCB might be at fault.

If the printer is still under warranty - please contact the Reseller from whom you purchased the unit and ask for a spare part. If the device was bought directly from Zortrax - fill in the support form. Also, make sure the extruder cable is firmly plugged into the PCB.

Best regards,
Karolina

Hello Karolina,

thanks for your answer - but I think we are talking about two different things. Why extruder? The fan I mean is installed under the printer. You have to remove the lower plate on the floor where the fan is installed.

Best regards,
Johannes.

Hi Johannes,

could you please specify the error code you got? Please, refer to this manual. I thought you were referring to this one - #2 bottom fan: not working. Please note that when you run the fan test through the menu - it only allows you to check the extruder fans.

Best regards,
Karolina

ah ok, then I’m on the wrong track :slight_smile: I’ll check that.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Johannes.

Hi Johannes,

not a problem :slight_smile: I will be waiting for an update once you have checked the fan cooler. As for the bottom one, which is cooling the motherboard - please note it is plugged in directly to the motherboard. So if the new fan did not work - this would mean the motherboard is at fault.

Best regards,
Karolina

I finally found time to check the fans. You were absolutely right. The bottom fan is directly at the extruder. Lo and behold, there is a piece of filament stuck in the fan. After removing everything works fine again.

Thanks again and best regards
Johannes Valentini.

Hi Johannes,

thank you so much for the update. I am really glad you managed to find a root of the problem and everything works fine again.

Best regards,
Karolina