M300 DUAL VS M200 printing speed

Hello,

We received our brand new M300 DUAL and Im doing test.

The M300 DUAL is noticeably slower than the M200 printing ABS with a single module, I tried matching as close as possible the settings of the M200… what am I doing wrong ? I expected faster printing and better performance all around…

Also, I noticed that I can’t choose ABS-2 on the M300 unlike the M200, is it because by default its the ABS-2 or its indeed ABS-1 ?

Thanks for the help.

Edit for the files :
Test_Soluble_M200.zcode (2.6 MB)
Test_Soluble_m300.zcodex2 (895.5 KB)

Hello,

while slicing a model for the M300 Dual - pay attention to Thin Walls Infill parameter that allows you to determine which walls in your model will be recognized as thin. The default setting is 3.13 mm for the M300 Dual (the walls will have denser and more durable infill, but the program will take more time to generate them - as a result, the print time will be increased). In order to have the print speed similar to the one of the M200 - tweak the parameter (for example set it to 2.13 mm) and compare the print time again. Also, in order to increase the print speed - you could set a higher layer thickness and lower infill level.

Z-ABS profile on the M300 Dual is dedicated for Z-ABS 1. However, you should be able to successfully print Z-ABS 2 using the same printing profile.

Best regards,
Karolina

Are you able to reach the same speed as the m200 ? Because I tried what you suggested and I can’t reach the same speed.

Of course we are not talking about layer height and density.

Lets say 0.2(0.19) layers and 30% density for both printer.

Could you please send me .stl file of your model so I can check it myself?

Yes absolutely.

Test_Soluble.stl (404.6 KB)

Hello, its been 2 weeks, any news ?

Hello,

I apologize for a delayed response. I have checked several models and in same cases tweaking the max. wall thickness seemed to do the trick. However, when it comes to your model - you are right, it takes longer for M300 Dual to print the given file. However, please take into account the fact that these are different machines, with different hardware, so it is impossible to expect that they will perform exactly the same.

Best regards,
Karolina

I expected better performance, not the same or worse… :melting_face:

That being said, can I have the project file so I can copy the settings ?

Thanks for assistance !

Hello,

please note that it is impossible to compare M300 Dual with M200 - this a completely different machine in terms of hardware. Most of all, M300 Dual relies on the dual-extrusion technology, hence its performance cannot be the same as of a printer with a single extruder. M300 Dual is a solid printer that is capable of printing industrial-grade filaments (such as BASF Ultrafuse®).

As for the projects - while checking all models I used exactly the same parameters you set in your .zcode/.zcodex2 files. The only setting I tweak myself is the max. wall thickness.