M300 Plus motor belt tension

Hi,

I’ve just tried to perform maintenance on the x/y axis for 300 hours. I’ve lubed up the guide rails and tensions the x y belts. Unfortunately when I try and axis check it fails to home the y axis with error 6.5. I’ve used the shipping clips to check the axis are parallel. I have not been able to check the motor belt tension due to the panels blocking their access. Is their an easy way to do this or do I have to disassemble the entire frame to access them?

Any other suggestions on things I may have done wrong? is it possible to over tension the belts or apply to much lubricant?

Regards,
Matt

Hello Matt,

As for the 6:5 endstsop error - make sure the endstop are properly installed, you can even try reattaching them.

When it comes to the axes maintenance - you need to use maintenance jigs, not shipping clips. You can find them on Zortrax Library. Also, in order to get access to belts - you need to remove the Z axis cover. You can refer to this manual. Make sure the belts are tense - do not forget to check the motors at once.

It would be also great to check the extruder’s movement as shown in step 3.

Best regards,
Karolina

Hi Karolina,

I checked the motors. End stops are fine. I had success by loosening the screws on the axis block in step 4 instead of tightening. Tight screws and the printer can’t home. With loose screws I got through 10 minutes of the axis check then a screw fell out. So i shut it down. Everything else has been checked. I’m confused as to how tight these screws should be?

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Actually, it is difficult to tell me how tight these screws should be. Let me make sure about one thing - the printer was working fine until you performed the axes maintenance, right? Please, sum everything up, record some videos and contact us via support form. We will look further into the matter.

Best regards,
Karolina