M300 & Z-PCABS ... what problem is?

Hi everybody,
does anyone know why Z-PCABS is autorised for the M200 and M300+, but forbidden for the M300, please?
Thanks in advance.
Eric

Hello Eric,

You can try printing the Z-PCABS using External Materials → PCABS Based Filament - it’s 1 to 1 profile used in M200 printer.

However for printing with it on M300 I strongly suggested using the hepa and side covers and closing the printer door.

Also as the M300 has a bigger print plate, bigger prints with this material are realy prone to warping.

Many small elements should print correctly, but bigger prints may be an issue due to high shrinkage.

Best Regards

Thanks a lot for your answer!
Yes I have the hepa and everything is closed.
I understand the risc of warping issue for big prints.
I’m trying PCABS Based in external materials but then, no “Regular” mode possible, only “Advanced” mode.
Just to know: What will append if I choose M300+ in Z-Suite to create the .zcode for my M300?
Best regards.
Eric

Hello @Eric,

if you choose the M300 Plus printer to slice the model - .zcodex2 file will be generated. This format will not be recognized by the M300 (it only reads .zcode files).

As for the external material profile - there is no need to tweak more advanced settings, you can just set the normal ones (nozzle diameter, layer thickness, infill type/density).

More information concerning advanced settings can be found here.

Best regards,
Karolina

Hi Karolina,

is the motherboard the only difference between M300 and M300 plus ?
I manage all my 3D printers from anywhere I go, except my M300 (no lan inside).
If yes where to buy this motherboard, please?

Best regards.
Eric

Hello Eric,

please note that M200 Plus and M300 Plus 3D printers have been significantly improved, especially when it comes to machines’ hardware. So no, the motherboard is not the only difference. You can read more about all upgrades here. Most of all - M Plus Series printers are equipped with Android PCB that also manages the Wi-Fi connection. Therefore, a new motherboard would not allow you to manage the M300 remotely. The motherboard is a service part that can be purchased directly from the support department.

Best regards,
Karolina