Major Problem whit INFILL , and PATH generation

Hello

I have a major problem whit my prints quality. Part A show the INFILL, Instead a solid fill, a raster shape infill make the print weak !

Because of my work, I print small parts, As you can see in the picture, the part broke because it was to weak due to the raster pattern.

I know, it take much more ABS to print the part, how ever let me make that decision, PLEASE implement the SOLID INFILL as soon as possible  .

The second problem is shown Part B. For some reason if my part wall thickness is around 2 mm, that is what the printer dose. It's create two

single wall whit a gap between, that will brake due to lack of support. I use your printer for my job and do it day by day. Please help !!!!!!!!! 

Thank you

Dr_J

Get Dr J :slight_smile:

I guess one reason that the Zortrax team avoid the completely solid option is because when things are completely solid, dimensions can on occasions become less accurate due to the effect of the solid mass shrinking as it cools. Also the parts tend to be more prone to warp. It’s a fair comment to give you the option though.

The double skinned walls rather than solid walls is a pain in the a$$ I agree. Last night I did some prints which were quite thin walled - they all came out as having gaps on the edges. It is often stated that this is simply a limitation of the wall thickness having to be a multiple of the nozzle width, however this is not really valid. Most slicers handle it well. Either by extruding less at a higher speed to fill the gap (producing a thinner extrusion) or something’s by micro stepping small zig-zag infill between the two faces.

Hopefully the team have it on the to-do list :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Jay

+1 - This would be a great feature to have. I hope they add it in the future.

-J

Flat parts with holes in them tend to come out a little weak from the printer as the hole outlines are weakly connected to the infill. Even if I max out the surface layer option. One option is to manually paint in abs slurry and sand it off gently but thats a bit time consuming…and esthetically not so pleasing

When I am printing those kind of parts I tilt the model in z-suite, that way the effective width of the thin wall is increased and infil is forced to be generated.

Bonus, wraping is decreased in large parts and the amount of material required for the raft is decreased and thus, the printing time.