Mod for easier removal of extruder cover bracket

Once in a while when unloading filament, a small "blob" gets caught in the passage below the feed gear, making removal of both the feed stepper and the extruder electronics PCB mounting bracket necessary for clearing the blockage.

By cutting the two bracket mounting holes into "U" shapes, the need for removal of those two screws is eliminated, and time is saved - just loosen one and the bracket lifts right off.

IMG_8660.JPG

IMG_8661.JPG

very cool idea!  :)

Is that a woodfill PCB holder?

;)

Is that a woodfill PCB holder?

;)

It's EasyWoodâ„¢ Coconut that's been tumbled for a little while in brass dust :)

Once in a while when unloading filament, a small "blob" gets caught in the passage below the feed gear, making removal of both the feed stepper and the extruder electronics PCB mounting bracket necessary for clearing the blockage.

By cutting the two bracket mounting holes into "U" shapes, the need for removal of those two screws is eliminated, and time is saved - just loosen one and the bracket lifts right off.

attachicon.gifIMG_8660.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8661.JPG

Lovely idea Julia.

I posted a long time ago that if Z did a quick extrude before retraction that would also fix the issue. 

Jamie, Your list of printers ls like a WW1 Generals chest, you have a lot of badges but most of them don't mean anything. ;D

Ill have to break out the drills next time I have a problem with retraction. As always the typical "This is what will happen if a mod like Z-Temp is used" saying comes in  :P  B) Oh i'm sorry I meant to say warranty breaker. (Just realized a new button to be designed)

Blobs were breaking off and blocking that passage long before Z-Temp existed, and the problem isn't limited to the M200 either - I've had it happen with other printers and have learned to pull gently and slowly on the thread in order to bring the blob with it. Doesn't always work, though...

I've always "pulled fast and hard"

Probably why I walk funny.

Sorry, late and could not resist.

Jamie, Your list of printers ls like a WW1 Generals chest, you have a lot of badges but most of them don't mean anything. ;D

Ill have to break out the drills next time I have a problem with retraction. As always the typical "This is what will happen if a mod like Z-Temp is used" saying comes in  :P  B) Oh i'm sorry I meant to say warranty breaker. (Just realized a new button to be designed)

Of course they do! They show how much time and money I have pi.... away on this business. Actually there are a few not even listed...