MOYUPI - 3D printed creatures out of children's imagination

Hello! I want to introduce a project I'm involved in, together with my almighty Zortrax. The name is MOYUPI and its goal is to boost the creativity and imagination of girls and boys all over the world by turning their drawings into custom, handpainted toys.

We model each creature by hand using Zbrush, print at 0.19 layer height and smooth each piece using the cold acetone bath method (works great by the way). And once the piece is shiny and rounded we apply a prime and airbrush with different vibrant colours. After that we use some varnish for a nice finish.

You can take a look at the creation process in detail on our Kickstarter page, but I uploaded some pictures as well for you to see the result. We are in need of backers so if you know anyone who could be interested in having his own creature please let me know or share the campaign! I hope we can make it...

IMG_0510 color.jpg

good luck on your project :) seems cool

Cool!

Hello! I want to introduce a project I'm involved in, together with my almighty Zortrax. The name is MOYUPI and its goal is to boost the creativity and imagination of girls and boys all over the world by turning their drawings into custom, handpainted toys.

We model each creature by hand using Zbrush, print at 0.19 layer height and smooth each piece using the cold acetone bath method (works great by the way). And once the piece is shiny and rounded we apply a prime and airbrush with different vibrant colours. After that we use some varnish for a nice finish.

You can take a look at the creation process in detail on our Kickstarter page, but I uploaded some pictures as well for you to see the result. We are in need of backers so if you know anyone who could be interested in having his own creature please let me know or share the campaign! I hope we can make it...

attachicon.gifIMG_0510 color.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0411 color.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0347- color.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0520.JPGattachicon.gifRewards.jpg

Wow! that's a great idea for the project using our printer! Let me know if you need any help from us. Just write a direct message here at the forum :).

Good luck!

Thank you all!

And Chris, I really appreaciate your offering, what we need right now is to get to a massive amount of people so we can succeed in our campaign, so it would be great if you or Zortrax could share the project and let everybody know, for example by writing an article (we have a press kit ready at our website, with pictures, info and all: www.moyupi.es), maybe Facebook and Twitter posts.... We currently reached 26% of our funding goal, which is great, but we need to push harder since there's just 24 days left.

Thanks again, and sorry for abandoning the thread, actually I was very sad thinking that nobody had seen my post and awaiting an email from the Zortrax Forum...

Fantastic Idea, love it, such a great idea, how much would the finished piece cost?

Thanks!

About the finish piece, it depends on the size, but for the KS campaign we set 3 prices: 30€ for the small one (7cm high/wide), 50€ for the medium size one (10 cm high/wide) and 70€ for the large one (15 cm high/wide), shipping excluded. When we settle down large scale production these prices might vary (since currently I am working from my house, with the Zortrax on my desk...). So what do you think? In my opinion it is reasonable keeping in mind that each moyupi needs to be designed and painted one by one and by a person, not a machine.

I can't believe it, we were just chosen to be part of the Kickstarter page of 3DHUBS! We uploaded some of the models of Moyupi to Sketchfab as well, so everbody can check the 3D design.

https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/thread/3d-hubs-kickstarter-page-our-first-update