My first print that I am not happy with

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t12t934rrosbf52/E447rGvfrW

Hi all, check out the print I made last night with the official 0.0.4. The tops of the back legs are really rough. There is a distinct seem on the back too. It split but that could be the white material. Overall it looks good but the rough back legs are a real mystery. The support came off real easy though. There also seems to be a pattern as you go up the main body. In other words it is not smooth.

I am off to work soon will try to check in as the day goes on. Anyone else print something like this with either Z suite yet, I would like to see your results? I will have to try another colour but I really wanted to do it in white.

Dhatw.

support@zortrax.com

Please send .stl file there for check

And provide more informations:

layer height ?

infill ?

Best Regards

[quote name=Martin Olchanowski]support@zortrax.com

Please send .stl file there for check

And provide more informations:

layer height ?

infill ?

Best Regards
[/quote]

Thanks Martin, will do when I get home tonight.

Dhatw.

I would like to add that this is still better than the best prints I personally (I have not seen them all obviously) have seen on other FDM machines. I also unchecked the fan button. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Dhatw.

Those rough sections on the back of the legs are probably the seams. They stick out more in certain areas for some reason.

[quote name=The6uest]Those rough sections on the back of the legs are probably the seams. They stick out more in certain areas for some reason.
[/quote]

Ahh, never though about that. I didn’t have a lot of time before work this morning to take a good look. Too bad I split half way up too because I still could have given it to my wife as is with a little sanding.

My guess is a combination of seam and not enough air flow. I’ve seen this on a couple of my prints and experimented with swapping the fan plugs so the bottom fan is on instead of top. This provided more air flow and reduced the problem.