new firmware 1.04 UPDATE SUCKS

I hope Zortrax team come back in his step about zsuite ....

I have a similar problem with a newly purchased Zortrax M200. 
When I tryed to do the autocalibration, the platform hit into the extruder nozzle several times, then I power off the printer immediately 
The hit force was big enought to do a hole on the platform. 

www.support.zortrax.com/support-form - give us a shout, we will send you new plate. 

I thought it had to do with a calibration failing and leaving the extruder at the back of the platform and then trying to calibrate again (this is when it failed for me as if it didn't know where the print head was and tried to move it as if it was still in the center) but I wasn't able to get it to do this twice so I'm somewhat confused as to what's causing it.

I've done like dozen of calibrations / prints with HW 1-4 and placing extruder in many different places before doing it - not a single nozzle hit. If you guys find a pattern or dependence - let me know.

Quick update: we've managed to isolate the issue, which manifests itself in a narrow range of environmental and hardware circumstances, resulting in a rare premature misfire of the Y endstop. We're busy testing a solution, in the meanwhile should you be experiencing it, as a temporary fix I suggest:

1) Turning off the printer

2) Moving the print head to the extreme near left corner, until you hear a click from both endsops

3) Turn on printer and commence autocalibration as normal

I had a buddy have this happen to his M200, V4 I think he has.He upgraded and the nozzle kept crashing into the bed on every try.

He brought it to me and I replaced the Heat bed printing plate with my old one and works perfectly. 

He ordered a new plate and the machine is perfect.

My theory is its just bad timing that the plate failed the same time he upgraded the firmware but only a theory. lol 

Cheers

I  have the same problem when I start a new printing, the nozzle should not be touching the conductive  area, but a couple of cm behind, resulting:  a hole on the printing plate! :(

Today only happened 4 times, I tried them all, turn off the printer and turn it on again, it works every time, re-calibration immediately after it is performed, has remade the same problem.
Firmware 1.4 and Z Suite 1.6.1.1

firmware1,04 + zsuite 1,6,1:

same problem for me : :angry:

Calibration missed. :o :angry:

My aluminum plate v2 is now damaged: it has a hollow in :angry: :angry: :angry:

I had to put my old plate v1!

I reinstalled the v1,03 

Maybe the X or/and Y step motors are loose some step

Is the short X,Y Belt from the stepper motor are tightly? or there are some debris into the black aluminium block

firmware1,04 + zsuite 1,6,1:

same problem for me : :angry:

Calibration missed. :o :angry:

My aluminum plate v2 is now damaged: it has a hollow in :angry: :angry: :angry:

I had to put my old plate v1!

I reinstalled the v1,03 

Calm down mate and give us a shout through www.support.zortrax.com/support-form so we can replace your plate  ^_^

Thank you very mutch for your message Marcin :)

I sent this morning images of the aluminum plate damaged :

The response of Zortrax :

"Thank you for contacting Zortrax Customer Support. We will respond to your message shortly.

Best regards,

Zortrax Support Team" :slight_smile: :rolleyes: 

In my case I do not think, the maintenance is very scrupulous, belts only properly stretched, lubricated guides, pulleys locked on stepper motors.

The problem seems obvious to me, since I'm not the only one to have found, it is in the new firmware and it is absolutely random

Maybe the X or/and Y step motors are loose some step

Is the short X,Y Belt from the stepper motor are tightly? or there are some debris into the black aluminium block

It's random noise being picked up by the Y endstop. If the frequency of this noise is just right, it'll trigger the Y endstop prematurely. Whether this problem occurs depends on how close-to-spec the PSU is, how stable your electric network is, how tightly the endstop is mounted to the frame, where it's cables are routed.. and, interestingly, what was the chief cause of this kerfuffle in the first place, the X-axis position of the extruder.

Since we know our customers occasionally hang a spool holder on the left side of the printer, as a minor QOL fix to avoid having the printhead ram into the holder mount, we've swapped the order of axis homing, first Y then X. This, quite unexpectedly, severely exacerbated the noise issue under adverse conditions. 

We've improved the debouncing algorithm to handle any reasonable level of endstop noise. The 1.0.5, update along with a handful of other fixes and print again functionality, is being tested in the labs right now. 

In the meantime, if you're experiencing this issue, turn the printer off, move the extruder to the near left corner, turn it back on again and autocalibration will commence as normal.

It's random noise being picked up by the Y endstop. 

Thanks for the excellent detailed explanation - really refreshing here! Users love it when a manufacturer is honest and transparent about issues, it does wonders for brand loyalty.

www.support.zortrax.com/support-form - give us a shout, we will send you new plate. 

I've done like dozen of calibrations / prints with HW 1-4 and placing extruder in many different places before doing it - not a single nozzle hit. If you guys find a pattern or dependence - let me know.

Hello. 
Like you said, i gave you a shout on support form and I haven't get any answer and of course a new plate.