new firmware 1.04 UPDATE SUCKS

service,

i put the new update in as always and this time ran  my bed right into the extruder nozzle !!!!! what the hell !!!

isn't this tested !!!

i tried it a couple times and when it didn't go to center to touch off ,i shut it down.

i just put the previous update in and it ran fine...

i have V1

DO YOU GUYS HAVE A CLUE WHATS UP !!!

service,

i put the new update in as always and this time ran  my bed right into the extruder nozzle !!!!! what the hell !!!

isn't this tested !!!

i tried it a couple times and when it didn't go to center to touch off ,i shut it down.

i just put the previous update in and it ran fine...

i have V1

DO YOU GUYS HAVE A CLUE WHATS UP !!!

There is no need to open multiple topics. 

SN / HW  and photo of your Z Screw please. 

Update has been tested on multiple printers, there wasn't any problems. 

SN / HW  and photo of your Z Screw please. 

Yeah those different HW/FW/SW versions suck.

You can test your updates on 100 printers without problems, while you could track down any errors easily with using just a few of them with a relevant mix of HW/SW versions.

But this only works if you don't have lost track already of what you have sent out to the market.

You == Z, not meaning you personally!

mangement,

i have an original ballscrew from the kickstarter ones. 

its a v1 and i dont want to put my serial # on the forum

send me an email address to send it too

thanks

lou

mangement,

i have an original ballscrew from the kickstarter ones. 

its a v1 and i dont want to put my serial # on the forum

send me an email address to send it too

thanks

lou

I've just made another test (calibration + print) on V1 + oldest ballscrew available printer. Everything went fine. Can you send me a photo of your plate and mark a place where nozzle hits it?

FWIW FW 1.0.4 seems to be working fine on my Ver 2 printer with ver 2 hot end, at least with ABS.  I've printed a dozen or more parts in the past couple days with no problems at all.

Two printers here and no any problem with 1.0.4 

Nozzle crash can be caused by a problem with the red conductor in the small bed connector. Broken wire, bad contact, or broken solder connection to the bed. The firmware detection for missing/bad bed connector uses the black and white wires and cannot detect a fault with the red wire.

Three parts printed since 1.0.4 - no problem.

guys, 

thanks for input 

i went to previous version and worked fine.

i then put a new v2 platform on and checked all bed wires and it still went outside the middle area and wanted to crash into bed.

i shut it off right before it did.

i will just use the previous version firmware that works just fine. i am all calm now.

man i didnt know how frustrated i would get with my 3d printer down,

i will have to get a backup one so i can keep running..

i think we found the bug 

we have a same problem

is the print head not in the 0 y and x position and you start autocalibration he dont make a nice ref. position first and 

the go the nozzel center bad is not in the center 

i think you can move the head by hand in the zero position and start again 

have you check all the calibration white the 1.0.4 when the print head is not in 0 Position 

we have Printet that is ok we have problem white calibration 

i think we found the bug 

we have a same problem

is the print head not in the 0 y and x position and you start autocalibration he dont make a nice ref. position first and 

the go the nozzel center bad is not in the center 

i think you can move the head by hand in the zero position and start again 

have you check all the calibration white the 1.0.4 when the print head is not in 0 Position 

we have Printet that is ok we have problem white calibration 

I've tried to replicate it but without 'success'.

What HW version you got?

I've moved extruder manually to the middle, started calibration and everything went fine. 

Just to make sure, (0,0) point is left bottom corner. 

hm we have move the print head in the 0 Position and start printer and Calibration again and now work s

now conect or disconect or change 

and now work sbevor he move all time not fine in the center and backside move to the middel from the 2 postion and make a hole in the bulding blade !!

its crazy for my we have the same on all 4 Printer after we move by hand works and print ???

hm we have move the print head in the 0 Position and start printer and Calibration again and now work s

now conect or disconect or change 

and now work sbevor he move all time not fine in the center and backside move to the middel from the 2 postion and make a hole in the bulding blade !!

its crazy for my we have the same on all 4 Printer after we move by hand works and print ???

Could you please record me a short video while doing that? If your plate is going to be damaged during that, no worries - I'll get you new one. 

hm i will check 

we have print now and never have that now

bad we can send you some picture 

I have a similar problem with a newly purchased Zortrax M200. 
When I tryed to do the autocalibration, the platform hit into the extruder nozzle several times, then I power off the printer immediately 
The hit force was big enought to do a hole on the platform. 

I've now experienced this as well although I can't reproduce it. Scrapped the metal off on my platform so I can't use it anymore to calibrate as it never senses the touch anymore. ;-(

I thought it had to do with a calibration failing and leaving the extruder at the back of the platform and then trying to calibrate again (this is when it failed for me as if it didn't know where the print head was and tried to move it as if it was still in the center) but I wasn't able to get it to do this twice so I'm somewhat confused as to what's causing it.

I have problem with SW1.6.2 and FW1.0.4 

SW1.6.2: layers displacement

FW1.0.4: platform keep rising and don't stop when touching the nozzle