New Firmware? When?

I wrote it to support, I posted it in Bugtracker, no need to write them again to someone else.

Why not going the easy way and just look in Bugtracker what's on the ToDo List?

My entries are all in progress, open or fixed without having the fix published, same for the other-ones entries.

As told before, I reported them with 0.9.6 already.

It would be a real benefit if you process them and provide us with the fixes.

Next we could talk about firmware/wifi and some other issues, but better just making smaller steps.

Great, so please be patient and wait for the results.

Thanks,

Chris

Great, so please be patient and wait for the results.

Thank you for your overwhelming  help with those issues!

[…] they do not listen to us as they think we are uninformed and unable to understand the problems and issues […]

:D

You can't be more wrong and the fundamental proof of that we are listening to you all, is my presence at this forum :).

You can't be more wrong and the fundamental proof of that we are listening to you all, is my presence at this forum :).

You are right, I could not be more wrong, your presence here on the forum has done wonders, allowing more users to vent their growing frustrations has been at least a beginning of change, now we wait to see what really comes from this change.

:)

LOL..... That made me smile - How can the next firmware be unofficial? If it's being developed by the Zortrax team, then surely it IS official ?

Back on topic though, I have always worried about the SD card socket just because of the fact that every single time I print it gets mechanically cycled (twice). I’m not too worried about the nice extra convenience functions that wifi may bring - just that it would reduce unneeded wear. Other products that utilise SD card sockets (cameras etc) generally don’t need to have the card removed so often or every time they are used, so I don’t worry about the issue quite as much.

I think it would be really good to give the OP (and the rest of us) at least some timeframe. In my view as a customer, the stated focus on new products shouldn’t detract from focus on delivering features that have been promised since launch and particularly ones that have already been paid for.

For me the main benefit of PC connectivity (Wi-Fi, USB, or whatever) is not just being able to transfer files, but being able to control the printer in real time. Move the print head in X, Y, and Z, without turning the printer off, however I want, when doing bed leveling, maintenance, or whatever. Being able to cancel or pause any operation (printing, loading, heating, unloading, etc.) without having to hold the front panel button for 10 seconds or having to switch the printer off.

Not only are these operations much more pleasant to perform from a PC than with an encoder knob and LCD (aside from the fact that canceling many operations is not even possible with the current UI), but if I can do them with my PC I can also do them remotely from anywhere by using remote control software.

So I'm really hoping that the Wi-Fi, if and when it ever arrives, is much more than just a file-transfer utility and that it will provide real and full-featured control of the printer.

julia

You are right, I could not be more wrong, your presence here on the forum has done wonders, allowing more users to vent their growing frustrations has been at least a beginning of change, now we wait to see what really comes from this change.

:)

You have to ignore Drew.. He was beaten as a child... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:slight_smile:

Looking at Bug Tracker if I searching correctly you have opened 0 tickets/request/suggestions/bugs - if something is missing or working not as inteded: http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/tracker/

I also see most of bugs/requests fixed or handled.

Best Regards

Martin

You have to ignore Drew.. He was beaten as a child... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's really not a nice thing to say since you do not know me at all.

This is funny. Usually running around with a baseball bat and then suddenly super sensitive. 😄😄😄

For me the main benefit of PC connectivity (Wi-Fi, USB, or whatever) is not just being able to transfer files, but being able to control the printer in real time. Move the print head in X, Y, and Z, without turning the printer off, however I want, when doing bed leveling, maintenance, or whatever. Being able to cancel or pause any operation (printing, loading, heating, unloading, etc.) without having to hold the front panel button for 10 seconds or having to switch the printer off.

Not only are these operations much more pleasant to perform from a PC than with an encoder knob and LCD (aside from the fact that canceling many operations is not even possible with the current UI), but if I can do them with my PC I can also do them remotely from anywhere by using remote control software.

So I'm really hoping that the Wi-Fi, if and when it ever arrives, is much more than just a file-transfer utility and that it will provide real and full-featured control of the printer.

julia

We do understand that, but still the unreliability of Wi-Fi and USB makes us stay with the SD Card, for now ;).

No humor on here.... I'm Sorry Drew... :(

No humor on here.... I'm Sorry Drew... :(

Removed what I was going to say, just remember that in most instances a joke on one end of the monitor will not be seen as such on the other end.

Martin,

He has not submitted a ticket or suggestion because he knows Zortrax watches this forum and see's all that the community wants. Also, most of what he wants is "in the works" so all he does is wait like the rest of us, Drew can be a little impatient at times. He has a rough personality that can take some getting use to, just don't discount his willingness to call out something he see's as wrong.

Your mostly impartial user of these forums,

-Michael

Removed what I was going to say, just remember that in most instances a joke on one end of the monitor will not be seen as such on the other end.

…He has a rough personality…

Just remember that in most instances a rudely written post on one end of the monitor will be seen as such on the other end. :wink:

…I personally think it’s not Kyle who needs to be lectured here…

Being that I live in the same house as the person in question I do tell him these things, you have to have noticed the similar names at some point ;3. Do not worry I do not take his side on that many arguments, I have my own point of views that differ just like everyone else.

We are getting off topic so let me get us back on track, I am going to drop in the suggestion box that Zortrax makes a list of to-do and completed tasks with rough dates (months or quarters) to when said completed tasks are slated to come out. I think this would be the best thing for the community and help keep everyone informed that Zortrax is working on projects that we are asking for. Right now Zortrax is this black box in another country that just does stuff, no one knows when an update is coming or what will be in it. Zortrax as a company must have an internal to-do list so post something along those lines up. Lets see if we can get something done about this!

-Michael

Nothing wrong with Zortrax and their support, I have very positive experience with them. Fast and efficient.

So where is the WiFi??

So where is the WiFi??

Wi-Fi is not a customer support issue, it's a product development issue.