New Firmware? When?

Any idea when the M200 new firmware will be available?

I am particularly interested in the WIFI Option and the filament use option.

A good range would be enough for me... 1 - 2 - 3 months from now?

There are a lot of desirable features that Zortrax could add to M200:

- use of the internal buzzer to signal special events

- selective lighting of internal RGB LED stripe (each color could blink to signal special events)

- visualization on LCD Display of remaining time during printing process

- Wi-Fi activation to allow remote control of printing process via Smartphone/Tablet

- better button de-bounce of LCD Display module

- Automatic limitation of maximum lowering of the perforated plate (now it is possible to lower the plate beyond the phisical limit...)

- "Change material" option during pause of printing (this would allow the use of multiple material to print the same object)

- Automatic lowering of the perforated plate after Automatic Calibration (the plate is too close to the hot-end, and when a print starts it is not easy to remove the exceding filament from the nozzle...)

Come on Zortrax, you can do it!  ;)

There are a lot of desirable features that Zortrax could add to M200:

• use of the internal buzzer to signal special events

• selective lighting of internal RGB LED stripe (each color could blink to signal special events)

• visualization on LCD Display of remaining time during printing process

• Wi-Fi activation to allow remote control of printing process via Smartphone/Tablet

• better button de-bounce of LCD Display module

• Automatic limitation of maximum lowering of the perforated plate (now it is possible to lower the plate beyond the phisical limit…)

• “Change material” option during pause of printing (this would allow the use of multiple material to print the same object)

• Automatic lowering of the perforated plate after Automatic Calibration (the plate is too close to the hot-end, and when a print starts it is not easy to remove the exceding filament from the nozzle…)

Come on Zortrax, you can do it! :wink:

By chance material you mean like abs to ultra? I think there would be potential bonding issues between them. But I agree with pretty much all points in your list.

One thing that I would like to see is the machine knowing what filament it has instead of going to the software. It would be as easy as “Load new filament” “Please select material.”

That’s a great list, but I am mostly asking for what they have under their plans for the next release… I know wifi is one of them!

I would love to see a way to use wifi to load models instead of inserting/removing the sdcard , but how could you be sure next firmware will have it ?

I was REALLY expecting a new firmware enabling wifi with release 1.0 of software. Very disappointing.

Now they are working on launch new products M200 will not be a priority, I really think they will never enable wifi. That's really a shame.

I don't regret buying my M200, but I would not buy another printer from Zortrax.

Would be very good to have *at least* an official answer to that. 

I was REALLY expecting a new firmware enabling wifi with release 1.0 of software. Very disappointing.

Now they are working on launch new products M200 will not be a priority, I really think they will never enable wifi. That's really a shame.

I don't regret buying my M200, but I would not buy another printer from Zortrax.

I wouldn't hold your breath about that... The ZTX team is not very open neither communicative ;)

Hello everyone.

We're wokring on new firmware at the moment and for now, we can not give you any dedails as it's still unofficial and under construction. 

I’m very sorry that we have you leave you with that for now, but as you can imagine, a lot is going on right now in Zortrax. New features and products are comming soon and we simply can’t give you any unofficial information as it would be simply unprofessional to do in this case.

I assure you, that as soon as I will know anything which is going to be 100% sure, I will let you all know here at the forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Chris

LOL… That made me smile - How can the next firmware be unofficial? If it’s being developed by the Zortrax team, then surely it IS official ?

Back on topic though, I have always worried about the SD card socket just because of the fact that every single time I print it gets mechanically cycled (twice). I’m not too worried about the nice extra convenience functions that wifi may bring - just that it would reduce unneeded wear. Other products that utilise SD card sockets (cameras etc) generally don’t need to have the card removed so often or every time they are used, so I don’t worry about the issue quite as much.

I think it would be really good to give the OP (and the rest of us) at least some timeframe. In my view as a customer, the stated focus on new products shouldn’t detract from focus on delivering features that have been promised since launch and particularly ones that have already been paid for.

Perhaps Chris means that until a product is actually released it is not official.  

I just purchased my printer and I have 30 days to return it. I just found out that the WiFi is not working, What a $2000 printer and the WiFi is not working. I will return the printer if I don't hear in the next 30 days that the WiFi will be enabled and When. So far I like the printer but I will purchase a Type A machine, if we don't get the Wifi working soon. Or have Zortrax  give us a pre-configured wireless SD card, like the Flash Air card. We paid for the WiFi on this printer!

You also paid for this printer to work with all the materials Zortrax sold at the time of purchase, for those of us that bought a V1 the "Zglass" has not worked and now the company charges over $80 US for a recall part that should be Zortrax's responsibility for a defective part.

So if you feel you have been misled, welcome to the club.

All that being said I too love the performance and quality of my Zortrax and have no regrets in making the purchase but I have extensive experience in mechanical and process improvements and have made changes to my M200 that would place it into the category of quality far exceeding what the original designers achieved.

Just yesterday I printed another phone case for myself in MatterHackers PLA that changes color from white to red in the light of the sun, this required a much lower temp and larger spacing of nozzle to build plate for first layer, also an added cooling of the extruder gear during printing I designed worked flawlessly to keep pre-softening of filament and subsequent strip-out (clicking everyone describes).

I have over 100 spools of plastic from every major manufacturer in the industry in every material and as I upgraded the performance of my "UP Plus" to an "UP Plus Pro", I've completed performance upgrades to my "M200P".

I have zero expectations of mechanical/performance improvements to the M200 line from Zortrax in the future as they direct their attention towards newer machines and markets and as history is teaching us, they do not listen to us as they think we are uninformed and unable to understand the problems and issues, as to software updates I have seen these same traps that have befallen other companies as they add performance improvements directed towards the newer products and little to no thought or extensive testing to reveal problems these improvements will cause to older customers performance, in all cases we the consumers are being used to shine light on the problems and then we are told to pay for the "upgrades" that are really recall issues.

:D

You also paid for this printer to work with all the materials Zortrax sold at the time of purchase, for those of us that bought a V1 the "Zglass" has not worked and now the company charges over $80 US for a recall part that should be Zortrax's responsibility for a defective part.

So if you feel you have been misled, welcome to the club.

All that being said I too love the performance and quality of my Zortrax and have no regrets in making the purchase but I have extensive experience in mechanical and process improvements and have made changes to my M200 that would place it into the category of quality far exceeding what the original designers achieved.

Just yesterday I printed another phone case for myself in MatterHackers PLA that changes color from white to red in the light of the sun, this required a much lower temp and larger spacing of nozzle to build plate for first layer, also an added cooling of the extruder gear during printing I designed worked flawlessly to keep pre-softening of filament and subsequent strip-out (clicking everyone describes).

I have over 100 spools of plastic from every major manufacturer in the industry in every material and as I upgraded the performance of my "UP Plus" to an "UP Plus Pro", I've completed performance upgrades to my "M200P".

I have zero expectations of mechanical/performance improvements to the M200 line from Zortrax in the future as they direct their attention towards newer machines and markets and as history is teaching us, they do not listen to us as they think we are uninformed and unable to understand the problems and issues, as to software updates I have seen these same traps that have befallen other companies as they add performance improvements directed towards the newer products and little to no thought or extensive testing to reveal problems these improvements will cause to older customers performance, in all cases we the consumers are being used to shine light on the problems and then we are told to pay for the "upgrades" that are really recall issues.

:D

Hello Drew I just purchased my M200 and I have 28 days to return it. I like the print quality, but the more I read about Zortrax and their support, i want to return it and get another printer. I you had 2K to 3K to spend on a printer what would you buy. Maybe its time to write a review pointing out the problem so other like me don't fall in the same hole. I hope we hear in the next 10 days, when and how the are going to fix the V2 hot end not heating very fast and the lack of WiFi. I had to wait 25 minutes before I can print, thats not acceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Nothing wrong with Zortrax and their support, I have very positive experience with them. Fast and efficient.

If you have zero expectations and know how their mind is made up it doesn't make sense to cry here  ;)

I print nice lamps with my M200 until I have some spare time. Then I will convert the printer to gcode / open source. All the hardware needed is already in the house, but right now I started printing my projects on another brands printer because it's just not possible to do it with that Z-Package (mainly the software).

Nothing wrong with Zortrax and their support, I have very positive experience with them. Fast and efficient.

Nothing right with that thing called 'support' to me.

I opened 5-10 tickets about hard- and (mainly) software issues.

Not one of them have been solved, the software issues were told to be fixed with next software (I was complaining about 0.9.6) and nothing is fixes. I even had to reopen issues again.

Nothing right with that thing called 'support' to me.

I opened 5-10 tickets about hard- and (mainly) software issues.

Not one of them have been solved, the software issues were told to be fixed with next software (I was complaining about 0.9.6) and nothing is fixes. I even had to reopen issues again.

Hey there Z-Renegade

You need to understand that the software issues can't be solved right away. It needs time. Our customer service employees don't have the power to fix the software issues instantly. All they can do is gather the feedback from you and pass it to our software team which is going to consider them in the future releases. I assure you, that we are gathering the data and feedback from our customers and the community, as it's one of the most important things for us while evolving with our products.

Best regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am in software development biz for more than 3 decades, owning a company and doing projects myself, but I am willing to learn if you think you can teach me about it.

My complaints have been started two months ago and we are talking about issues that prevent from getting goo results. Others here are waiting even longer.

My customers expect to get their issues that prevent them from having success in their biz right in time without seeing me to announce growing revenue, new products while not having done my job on what I was paid for (the current product).

And finally it's all about getting what Zortrax has claimed (and is not working) nothing else!

Hi again,

As I've mentioned before here at the forum, I'm here for you to help you out and also provide support. Please write to me directly and describe your issues.

I will try to process them as soon as possible.

I wrote it to support, I posted it in Bugtracker, no need to write them again to someone else.

Why not going the easy way and just look in Bugtracker what's on the ToDo List?

My entries are all in progress, open or fixed without having the fix published, same for the other-ones entries.

As told before, I reported them with 0.9.6 already.

It would be a real benefit if you process them and provide us with the fixes.

Next we could talk about firmware/wifi and some other issues, but better just making smaller steps.