New M200 firmware version 0.0.6 (beta test fix for Hotend V2)

Dear customers!

We’ve just released new firmware version 0.0.6 which is a hotfix for all Hotend V2 users having the 98% heating issue: 

Update.zip

This is a pre-release firmware and it’s going to be displayed as version 0.1.5 in your printers.

Please install the new firmware and test it if it’s a 100% fix for your problem.

We’re going to be grateful for any feedback from you.

Regards,

Chris Ruszczynski

Zortrax Team

Hi,

Does this firmware work with my hotend V1 or should I avoid to use it ?

Thanks,

Laurent

Hi,

Does this firmware work with my hotend V1 or should I avoid to use it ?

Thanks,

Laurent

It does work with both, V1 and V2 hotends.

Does it contain only the hotfix for the heating issue or there are also new features added?

Does it contain only the hotfix for the heating issue or there are also new features added?

It's just a hotfix, like it has been published above.

I tried to update the firmware.

I placed the SD card with the update.bin file in the printer

I power it up

It display update.bin found

Then the display fills up with long message saying please insert memory card with the newest update.bin file!

You can down load it from zortrax

I cut back

The printer would not load it.

Please download it again it is fixed now.

Best Regards

Martin

I helped someone with his machine and advised him to install this version but in his case he still cannot heat higher than 59%

I helped someone with his machine and advised him to install this version but in his case he still cannot heat higher than 59%

That's a different problem. (59%, not 97-98%). Please suggest him to contact our customer support team regarding this issue: support@zortrax.com

I was afraid for that. We already contacted the custommer support. Thank you for the advise.

Ill be testing it on some of the machines I have at the office and home for a larger test pool.

-Michael

Dear customers!

We’ve just released new firmware version 0.0.6 which is a hotfix for all Hotend V2 users having the 98% heating issue: 

attachicon.gifUpdate.zip

This is a pre-release firmware and it’s going to be displayed as version 1.1.5 in your printers.

Please install the new firmware and test it if it’s a 100% fix for your problem.

Regards,

Chris Ruszczynski

Zortrax Team

Downloaded the beta 0.0.6 version and put it on de SD card.

It was automatically loaded en it says i have bios. 0.1.5 now.

After selecting a file to print it heated up the platform after which it did not immediately go to heating extruder. I selected the file to print again and it started heating up the extruder and it didn’t get stuck at 97-98% it went to 100 % and started printing. Will do some more testing but it is looking good sofar.

Dear customers!

attachicon.gifUpdate.zip

This is a pre-release firmware and it’s going to be displayed as version 1.1.5 in your printers.

Regards,

Chris Ruszczynski

Zortrax Team

Dear customers!

attachicon.gifUpdate.zip

Regards,

Chris Ruszczynski

Zortrax Team

It's looking really good, second test also started without any extruder heating problem. I had the printer cool down after the first test so it had to heat up again all the way.

Looks to me that the problem has been tackled in this beta firmware. :) 

Regards,

Richard

It's looking really good, second test also started without any extruder heating problem. I had the printer cool down after the first test so it had to heat up again all the way.

Looks to me that the problem has been tackled in this beta firmware. :)

Regards,

Richard

Great, cheers for the feedback!

Dear customers!

attachicon.gifUpdate.zip

Regards,

Chris Ruszczynski

Zortrax Team

Just started my 3rd test and again it is heating up the extruder with no problems and starts printing and making me happy :). 

So it seems to be much better still a little dancing with the % but it does heat and start much quicker. We all are crossing our fingers the wifi comes with the 0.0.6 firmware.

So it seems to be much better still a little dancing with the % but it does heat and start much quicker. We all are crossing our fingers the wifi comes with the 0.0.6 firmware.

My is the same way, as far as the WiFi, lets do more than cross our fingers. Lets expect it, since we paid for it. I'm getting tired of doing the Sneaker Net, that was ok in 1980 but not today!

This is a firmware post. Let's not go into the wifi way in here, please.

Thank you.

I'm curious Chris,

what cause  the 98% problem that is fixed with this firmware release ?

My printer with V2 Hotend and thick plate never had the 98% problem but it has , I guess, the same firmware of users who had it .