New Updates Proposals

-interactive calibration procedure with current measurement shown (not only after calibration) so as to know how much to turn the knobs

this would come in fairly handy

-interactive calibration procedure with current measurement shown (not only after calibration) so as to know how much to turn the knobs

+1  

I'd like to see a sort of check routine that would quickly go through each height checkpoint and then display the results without it asking for any adjustment of the leveling screws.  As it is now, I often end up adjusting heights multiple times in one calibration, only to have it fail at the end, which is usually an indication that the perf board needs cleaning.

Mike

Other:

• When a print is finished auto-unload filament.

This idea is just a check box on Z-suite for auto-unload when a print is finished.

This is nice because my printer runs 24/24h per day and in the night when I wake up to go put another piece to print i need to wait the extruder heat again to change the filament, and if we have this option it’s nice because when we go to remove a part we can remove the filament on same time.

I added this option to the list, but I often had problems with clogs if i didn't pull filament during unloading filament...

besides, after removing part and filament (which was auto-unloaded) u still have to wait until extruder gets hot to load a new one and start printing...

I never use the unloading. Just cut the filament off right at the hole and load the new one by feeding it into the hole when the stepper starts turning. A lot less trouble with sticking blobs, etc.

Works every time.

1. Thickness, in Mesh an Shell infill options.

2. Also could be useful rename Mesh and Shell for more canonic names.

Actually could be only Shell with options of no top and bottom infill.

shell does only thin walls while mesh allows for inner support structures. (or is it the other way arond?)

I think they are both needed.

But yes, wall number (thickness) should be available to select for the variant without support structures (shell i guess, or is it mesh?).

I never used shell but mesh. Does a thin wall, around 1 mm (I didn’t measured) with bottom and tops. No supports, apparently no infill. I think this wall is made only by perimeters. 2 or 3.

Shell have the same walls but opened at bottom and top.

it's already written down... but in different words :)

• [s] [voudas][caesar] selectable number of outside perimeters - especially when shell or mesh option chosen; thick perimeters are also needed when gluing part

In essence, yes, I agree.

Controllable width in Mesh, already present in Shell.

But the terminology used, Mesh - Shell, is put wrong. Not clear, inverse sense and leads to confusion.

IMHO it's one thing (Shell, Hollow, whatever) with two variables: number of perimeters, number of bottom and top shells, or number of perimeters and presence of bottom and top shells (more in Z style, when their algorithm chooses the better way to go).

it's already written down... but in different words :)

No, no.. i was talking about it is written down in my list of new proposals,

and what u say about Mesh and Shell - you are right, i remember someone was talking about it too.. i think Julia did

UPDATES PROPOSITIONS:

• [f] 'beep' signal (is there any buzzer inside printer?) just before extruder takes off filament during unloading (let's say 95% heating extruder), or just make it never clog - when filament is warm, it is more probable to change it without clogging extruder-motor-rack; when i loose attention and do it just few seconds later - it is almost 100% sure that filament's rests get stuck inside extruder's rack;

that’s why i’m thinking about cutting old filament near extruder motor hole off (instead taking it out while unloading), then gluing with abs to the new one, and then loading new filament… would that work? If i get stuck next time, i surely try :slight_smile:

Tone for loading and unloading would be great. Also does anyone else have a hard time toggling between items in Z-Suite? Usually i can only select and move the last item placed. Often when 2 large items are on the bed, Z-suite tells me there are to many items to auto place and it won't let me select the first item to move into a correct position. 

- Option to toggle hardware versions after software is loaded and/or items are sliced. Nice feature for those with multiple M200's and different hardware versions. Can be a pain sometimes for large items that take a long time to slice and needs to go to multiple machines. Or maybe it could be an option in the print settings? 

I know that the whole power is hardware controlled, but how about shutting off the frickin fan?? I'll come back 3 hours after a print is done and the stupid thing is sitting there going full-blast (even if I printed the part without fan). If it stays on even just one extra hour per print (typically it's more than that) it adds AT LEAST 14 hours of run time a week; there's no way that that won't affect lifespan. It's annoying enough for me to not want to do prints when I won't be around when it's done. 

Oh, and how about being able to toggle the lights during a print? Not a huge one but it'd be nice eventually. 

Other:

• When a print is finished auto-unload filament.

This idea is just a check box on Z-suite for auto-unload when a print is finished.

This is nice because my printer runs 24/24h per day and in the night when I wake up to go put another piece to print i need to wait the extruder heat again to change the filament, and if we have this option it’s nice because when we go to remove a part we can remove the filament on same time.

But wouldn't you still have to wait for it to heat back up to install a new filament anyway??

But wouldn't you still have to wait for it to heat back up to install a new filament anyway??

Yes and no. Yes under current setup, but if they did implement this then they could also do a feed feature that would just grab the filament then wait until it heats up to auto-load it. In my mind this would still be more complicated than necessary, and really should be far from a priority. Maybe it could be an 'eventually' update. 

I have been a Zortrax user for a few weeks now and have been finding this form useful, I had a couple suggestions that I thought might work:

[s] detailed reporting with material usage of each stl file

I use 3 M200’s in my Fab Lab and I would love to be able to generate reports from Z-Suite for material tracking purposes.  Really all I need is a break-down of which stl files are in the print and their usage information per file.  This level of detail should not be difficult to extract and would make very good sense for any non-personal use of these printers.  Pdf export would be handy too :slight_smile:

[f] selectable raft size (footprint)

I have no evidence to prove that a larger raft would help a large print from lifting, but it might be nice to have a raft size option somehow.