New Updates Proposals

UPDATES PROPOSITIONS:

• [s] [moabie] save last print settings - i.e.different filaments types use different temperatures
  • [f] [moabie] show elapsed/remaining print time on M200 LCD while printing - especially that % shown now is not even time-linear but layer-count-dependent
  • [f] [moabie] 'beep' signal (is there any buzzer inside printer?) just before extruder takes off filament during unloading (let's say 95% heating extruder), - when filament is warm, it is more probable to change it without clogging
  • [s] [moabie] add button auto-zoom and center object in window - everytime i open z-suite and add object, the first thing i have to do is to use mouse-roll milion times to zoom and move view option to center it
  • [s] [zordlyon] selectable support - I want support, but not everywhere algorythm thinks it's needed;

[Julia Truchsess] “minimum support area” parameter - support is not generated in any areas having less than the specified size

• [f] [Cicio3D] total printing counter [hours]- to make the most of the scheduled maintenance
  • [f] [cosantanni] automatically turn off the 3D Printer (after printing/time delay)- is it possible without any power circuitry controlled by software? - after printing printer goes to sleep mode [purple led light]

[Julia Truchsess] proposition:internet/GSM controlled power switch

[moabie] proposition: add IP camera - is printing finished? isn’t filament noded or ending? any other malfunction to stop printing?

• [s] [Trhuster] ability to use different infill in different hights of the print - so print time can go faster
  • [s] [voudas] lighter infill setting - is it possible to make good quality ending layers with lighter infill?
  • [s] [caesar] different types of infill
  • [s] [caesar] selectable infill places - infill only where we want that
  • [s] [voudas][caesar] selectable number of outside perimeters = wall thickness - especially when shell or mesh option chosen; thick perimeters are also needed when gluing parts
  • [s] [cwmain] print multiple objects in a sequential order - better quality of single printed objects than multiple at the same time
  • [f] [zordlyon] add an option "Move platform down while key pressed" - because move down 10cm it's boring click on the button 50 times
  • [f] [voudas] more interactive calibration - to know how much to turn the knobs
  • [f]/[s] [zordlyon] add an option (checkbox?) "Auto-unload filament after printing" - helpful for those who use printer 24/24h :)

[Andre] I never use the unloading. Just cut the filament off right at the hole and load the new one by feeding it into the hole when the stepper starts turning. A lot less trouble with sticking blobs, etc.

Works every time.

DONE or NOT ACTUAL:

• [f] user pause = 10 sec after press+hold button - not 10 sec after press+hold+release button as is now, how do i know if i hold 10sec or not?? -

it does stop just after pressing and holding but not after exactly 10 sec but print-state-dependent time

• [s] [voudas] option to disable warnings ([x] don't show me again? - for example disabling supports.. we are big boys as sb said

done: there’s no annoying popup window, but only red warning as a comment line

• [s] [voudas] remember printer's hw version ([x] remember and don't show me again?) - done: you download installation file with chosen hardware version of your printer
  • [s] [caesar] full print visualization - with infill! - done

[f] - firmware

[s] - software

some more additions to the above list (if they seem useful to others as well)

- option to disable warnings (for example when disabling supports)

- make it remember the hw version of the printer, there is no point entering this every time for the same printer.

- selection of perimeter shells not only top/bottom layers

- ability to add brim to prevent warping

- ability to combine imported items into 1 when they overlap

- 1 more even lighter infill setting

- 1 more faster speed draft setting

- selection of perimeter shells not only top/bottom layers

u mean layers count (wall width) for them to be printed?

- ability to add brim to prevent warping

u mean raft-brim shaped on the corners?

- ability to combine imported items into 1 when they overlap

don't u think 3d modelling software is better place for that?

- 1 more faster speed draft setting

they often say 'quality at first place, then quantity and speed', i think when they're ready they give us faster printing without suggesting that :)

u mean layers count (wall width) for them to be printed?

sometimes usefull to have thicker outline for structural strength but low infill

u mean raft-brim shaped on the corners?

in other printers we frequently add a 10-12 layer wide - 1-2 layer high brim touching the perimeter of the model. easily removed, and adds adhesion to platform/raft. or we add sacrificial round flat shapes at the corners

don't u think 3d modelling software is better place for that?

to be honest i have read this request from someone in here and posted it for the list to be complete. this actually simplifies the above request, by having the round shapes ready and positioning in 3 seconds to overlap at the corners. now z-suite doesnt let you have overlapping objects. anyway it ofc can (and is) done in external apps. but sometimes people get lazy :P

they often say 'quality at first place, then quantity and speed', i think when they're ready they give us faster printing without suggesting that :)

y maybe you are right, but from what i read from many users here after a certain upgrade normal became significally slower and high became the previews normal-equivalent. so if this is true there was a faster speed before that, and could be left as a third option for draft prints

In my opinion the following are really necessary:

• full print visualization: infill, supports, everything shown and nothing left out. If developers are concerned, then they we should get at least the outside shape and full 4-6 layers of infill down the piece. Current settings are ok for printing art but for creating functional parts this is really necessary.
  • different types of infill, Current angled pattern is ok but other patterns could come in handy.
  • Option to have infill only where needed helps a lot to draft some projects and also can reduce printing time considerably for art projects.
  • selectable number of outside perimeters to be able to create stronger parts without 100% infill

I will also vote for selectable shell thickness (walls too, not just top and bottom), and full visualization of infill. 

On the angled infill pattern, I haven't tested this but does it always remain 45 degrees to the axis? So one can just rotate the part 45 degrees to change the orientation in the part?

There are a lot of to do's on the list. What if we would vote for the most wanted features?

Example: 

9 points - selectable support

3 points - automatically turn off the 3D Printer

1 point selectable number of outside perimeters

some kind of quiz? ;)

I would like to be able to print multiple objects in a sequential order, instead of all together at the same time.  When I print multiple objects the quality is slightly diminished compared to when I print just a single object.  Please let us print a plate of of multiple objects but each object one-by-one.

Gonna have some extruder head crashing problems with that idea. Unless they are really thin parts!

Gonna have some extruder head crashing problems with that idea. Unless they are really thin parts!

I have seen it done on Ultimaker I think. Must space the parts out though.

I have seen it done on Ultimaker I think. Must space the parts out though.

I've done it on Cartesian printers, I guess I didn't really think about doing it on a XY core printer before I posted.

I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this question, but:  can we download and use prior versions of Z-suite??

Ever since I updated the most recent one, my prints have had uneven lines and more frequent burns.  I want to go back to 0.0.9.5.

One more..

When we want to move down the platform, add a option to “Move down while pressed”

Because move down 10cm it’s boring click on the button 50 times… :slight_smile:

One more..

When we want to move down the platform, add a option to “Move down while pressed”

Because move down 10cm it’s boring click on the button 50 times… :slight_smile:

+1!!!

I've done it on Cartesian printers, I guess I didn't really think about doing it on a XY core printer before I posted.

I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this question, but:  can we download and use prior versions of Z-suite??

Ever since I updated the most recent one, my prints have had uneven lines and more frequent burns.  I want to go back to 0.0.9.5.

Check PM.

I REALLY would like to see an option for pauses to re-extrude filament. Sometimes it catches when going in, and I lose half a print because I have to start over. I am sure others are experiencing this, and it seems like it should be a pretty simple fix.

I REALLY would like to see an option for pauses to re-extrude filament. Sometimes it catches when going in, and I lose half a print because I have to start over. I am sure others are experiencing this, and it seems like it should be a pretty simple fix.

Where is it catching? Are you cutting the filament at an angle before putting it in? If so, don't. Straight cut on filament and you should not have any problems.

You can just yank it out while the stepper is turning, in order to try again. Wont cause any damage. But yes, a "cancel" feature for this, and for that matter, all functions, would be great. If only we were able to control this stuff from a PC via USB...

Or even WiFi !!  :lol:

-interactive calibration procedure with current measurement shown (not only after calibration) so as to know how much to turn the knobs