Newbie questions on hardware.

Hi,

New to Zortrax M200 and besides some running support issues already some simple questions (having used some other printers):

Zortrax M200 V4

Firmware 1.0.3 (upgraded from 1.0.2)

1° What should be the average heating time for the bed and hot end? (it is considerably longer than my other printers)

2° When I switch on the printer, is it normal that the bed is starting to heat immediately? It is too hot to touch after 1 min.

3° That little PCD blue LED under the bed is flickering time to time, is this normal.

4° The bottom fan: should that be on all the time, e.g. when I switch on the printer or only when I start printing?

5° I do read a lot about this dual fan modification, is this really necessary? Some quieter fans is something I would rather prefer -)

Maybe there is some manual hidden away somewhere, but sorry I haven't found it where these things could have been explained.

Thanks!

Martin

Hi,

New to Zortrax M200 and besides some running support issues already some simple questions (having used some other printers):

Zortrax M200 V4

Firmware 1.0.3 (upgraded from 1.0.2)

1° What should be the average heating time for the bed and hot end? (it is considerably longer than my other printers)

2° When I switch on the printer, is it normal that the bed is starting to heat immediately? It is too hot to touch after 1 min.

3° That little PCD blue LED under the bed is flickering time to time, is this normal.

4° The bottom fan: should that be on all the time, e.g. when I switch on the printer or only when I start printing?

5° I do read a lot about this dual fan modification, is this really necessary? Some quieter fans is something I would rather prefer -)

Maybe there is some manual hidden away somewhere, but sorry I haven't found it where these things could have been explained.

Thanks!

Martin

Answering in order:

1: My machines from dead cold will reach printing temp in around 4 minutes. Every machine is slightly different but how long is "considerably" in your point of view?

2: Yes the print bed will start heating right away but it should only be at around 60c when idle is what I remember.

3: Flickering normally means the print bed is idle or maintaining temp, solid light is at full power.

4: Which bottom fan? If you mean the one on the power supply then yes. If you mean the one on the print head then then No, the bottom fan on the print head should only be on when printing. The top fan will always be on to cool the heat sync.

5: The dual fan mount is documented to have a better print results on the face of the print. The set up on the Zortrax only cools the Left side of the print so there can be a noticeable difference in quality. Having more even cooling can help with top surface and bridging.

Some of this info may be outdated as I have not been able to keep up in for forums for the last few months. Im sure I will be told that some small part is incorrect but for the most part this information is accurate. 

-NS