newbie who is looking for a Zortrax M200.

Hi Marcin and Printz,

Thank you for your response.
Let me upload the few more photos of physical scrathes, because Marcin asked.
I have not tried wiping it down with a slightly damp cloth. I just rubbed my finger along it.
But it did not erase.

I really want to test it ASAP.
But, you know, a key account Manager in Zortrax and 3d Proshare told me this before I buy this.

"I am a key account Manager in Zortrax. Yes its right. 
But only undamaged goods in original packaging are subject to return.
It means that if you receive the printer and you will start using it,
you can't use this returning policy."

"Your are misunderstanding the policy a little bit.
We give you 15 days after receiving the printer
to let us know about any "out of box" problems or issues with it.
If you were to use it and it was malfunctioning,
we would fix it and/or replace it within that time period."

So, I don't think they return this once I test it.

The remaining question is this.
' 11hr 34m '(for brand new 3d printer)is normal? 
I thought a manufacturer usually test new 3d printer with small stuff for just 1 ~ 2 hours before shipping.
If the conter shows me '5 ~ 6 hours, then I can understand this.
but almost 12 hr is normal? I'm wondering if this was refurbished one or displayed one in a store.

I emailed 3d Proshare last night, I still haven't heard the answer to this question yet.
I'm not complaining about Zortrax brand. I still believe Zortrax is the best choice so far.
I just want to know whether these damages, traces and the '11hr 34m' counter are normal or not.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Zortrax_Photo.jpg

Hi Marcin and Printz,

I have not tried wiping it down with a slightly damp cloth. I just rubbed my finger along it.
But it did not erase.

But, you know, a key account Manager in Zortrax and 3d Proshare told me this before I buy this.

you can't use this returning policy."

to let us know about any "out of box" problems or issues with it.

So, I don't think they return this once I test it.

' 11hr 34m '(for brand new 3d printer)is normal? 
I thought a manufacturer usually test new 3d printer with small stuff for just 1 ~ 2 hours before shipping.
but almost 12 hr is normal? I'm wondering if this was refurbished one or displayed one in a store.

I emailed 3d Proshare last night, I still haven't heard the answer to this question yet.
I'm not complaining about Zortrax brand. I still believe Zortrax is the best choice so far.
I just want to know whether these damages, traces and the '11hr 34m' counter are normal or not.

Zortrax_Photo.jpg

That advice does not apply to a faulty printer

If the printer is faulty you have a year in which to return it for a free repair. If the printer does not match the quality you can see in examples online and it is clear something is wrong then you have every right to return it.

If I buy a pair of trainers, I can return them if I dont like the look of them. As soon as I wear them I can no longer return them however if I put the trainers on and they rip open at the seams after one hour then I can still return them, its the same basis for every product you buy. 

Marks at bottom I wouldn't worry too much about, they look more like from handling than from use. In actual use of the printer, the bottom of the machine never touches anything except maybe a vacuum.

Agree with Printz, you should be able to return if it fails to function properly out of the box (seller will be obligated to accept return due to consumer protection laws). Additionally, most credit card companies will also force a refund in the case of a DOA. 

Two of my machines came tested btw (print marks on bed)... It's a good thing as the unit gets tested before shipping to you.

Hi Marcin and Printz,

But it did not erase.

you can’t use this returning policy."

to let us know about any “out of box” problems or issues with it.

So, I don’t think they return this once I test it.

’ 11hr 34m '(for brand new 3d printer)is normal? 

but almost 12 hr is normal? I’m wondering if this was refurbished one or displayed one in a store.

I emailed 3d Proshare last night, I still haven’t heard the answer to this question yet.

I’m not complaining about Zortrax brand. I still believe Zortrax is the best choice so far.

I just want to know whether these damages, traces and the ‘11hr 34m’ counter are normal or not.

attachicon.gifZortrax_Photo.jpg

One test print is done in our factory, its around 5-6 hrs. Second one had to be done by Proshare.

As for the marks - it wont interfere your prints at all and I believe that cloth with Acetone should do the trick

I have 2 printers. One ordered from Kickstarter 3 years ago, and one ordered from Amazon (from 3D Proshare) about a month ago. The new one showed up in perfect working order. I'm sure if you have any problems, they will take care of you. My 3 year old printer has 6000+ hours it. I've had minimal problems with it. Maybe $150 in parts.. These are great printers!! Don't be afraid.

I have only one Zm200 … as soon as the warranty, has failed the on off switch, I have taken just one fast, when I was doing the substitution, the original switch has resumed operation :slight_smile:

I have friends who have had minor problems with the cables, but just identified the problem, they were quickly changed by the warranty at no cost.

Zortrax has always behaved properly with the client

PS I’m not a reseller

Today, I asked to return the printer before I test it, and they was willing to accept that.

Thank you for all the kind, helpful reply !

Today, I asked to return the printer before I test it, and they was willing to accept that.

Thank you for all the kind, helpful reply !

Why on earth would you return a printer before testing it? I understand you had bad luck with your first printer of a different brand, but scuff marks from shipping material should not make or break the deal. Here are the marks on mine from 3DProshare. It's created from the packaging that keeps the printer safe.. Do as you must...Prints look awesome so far.. Still using the 3 year old printer as well. The old one is the one I use the most. Ask them if they will return it if you do a test print before you return it. I'm sure they will say yes. Don't email.. Call..fow6VE.jpg

I agree with Kyle, I know it is an expensive purchase but you seem to be returning it because it has some marks from when they tested it. There aren't many products around where the retailer and the manufacturer take the time to test the product before they ship it to you, everything about your printer is perfectly normal and you are being over cautious.

Thank you all for the kind comments here.

Update: 

After I returned it, I received new Zortrax M200 from '3d Proshare' few days ago, finally.

So, I tested it for last 3 days.

OMG... The printing results are nearly perfect.

It is much better than I thought before.

I wish it were my first printer.

This is what I've been looking for all along.

How did Zortrax make this great product?

This is a machine from the future.

I really love this Zortrax M200 so much.

Long live Zortrax !!

And, even though, I was picky little bit because of the little scratches and traces on the m200 before.

but,  3d Proshare's customer service was really great.

They are always kind and sent me new great product.

Obviously, '3d Proshare' will be my favorite online shop for Zortrax product in US.

Thanks Zortrax and 3d Proshare !