newbie who is looking for a Zortrax M200.

Hello there,

I'm a newbie who is considering buying Zortax M200.
I found many praises about m200,
but I also noticed few people who got defective product.

My budget is pretty tight now. So I'm nervous.
I'm really confused about where I should order Zortrax M200.

I'm in the US.
I found Zortrax online store, Amazon, 3d Proshare, ebay, profound, Glutco, etc...
Could you anyone recommend a good store for buying Zortrax M200?

However, I found this in Zortrax online store.
"1.   The consumer has the right to return the goods within 14 days – without stating the reason." (https://store.zortrax.com/return_policy)

Does that mean that I can return a M200 within 14 days, even if I used it for test?
If this is true, I'm going to order it from Zortrax onlie store.
Am I understanding that sentence right?

And if I use zortrax online store, does it take a longer time than other USA reseller?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there

1.   The consumer has the right to return the goods within 14 days – without stating the reason.

Its correct, thats your right. However, if you going to order trough the store.zortrax.com, shipping most likely is going to be bit longer than ordering from one of sellers on US soil AND if you decide not to return the printer, you are going to be left without any warranty (Zortrax warranty applies only in Europe).

Thats why I highly recommend you getting one from our official distributor:

3D Proshare

Distributor
United States
Logan UT, 84321

+1 4357701164
sales@3dproshare.com 
www.3dproshare.com

Profound3D
Distributor
United States
Exton, PA 19341
611 Jeffers Circle

+1 8889938812
info@Profound3D.com (or you can contact Jeff Coulter <jeff.coulter@mediasupply.com> directly, he is a great guy)
www.Profound3D.com

They probably wont make any problems with returning printer if thats necessary but ask first. 

Hi Marcin,
Thank you very much for your quick and detailed response.

However, I asked same question to Zortrax Sales Team yesterday.
and I got this answer this morning.

"I am a key account Manager in Zortrax. Yes its right. 
But only undamaged goods in original packaging are subject to return.
It means that if you receive the printer and you will start using it,
you can't use this returning policy."

and all other US offical distributors which I asked same question, replied same thing.
So, I assume this.
Once I test the 3d printer, returning is not allowed any more by Zortrax and all US distributors.

I think no man can be sure that he never get defective product until he actually test it.
I still want Zortrax M200, until the Inventure come out.
but few people's -who got defective zortrax product- comments makes me scared.

Even though, it sounds like Russian roulette,
I think all I can do is ordering it from one of US official distributor and pray.

Thank you anyway.
I really appreciate for your kind response today.
SJ

Have you check with 3DProshare?

Their return policy says you can return within 15 days if not "completely satisfied", and after 15 days you can return for a no charge repair if there is a functional problem due to manufacture defect/damage.  https://www.3dproshare.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Return-Policy.pdf

Also, in US their are implied warranties (unless an item is sold "as is" or "with faults") covering things like a DOA product.

Another thing you can do if you're buying for personal use is to make sure you purchase with a good credit card (most visas), as most credit card companies also have at a minimum purchase protections.

I think the overall serious problem rate for Zortrax machines is low.

Have you check with 3DProshare?

Their return policy says you can return within 15 days if not “completely satisfied”, and after 15 days you can return for a no charge repair if there is a functional problem due to manufacture defect/damage. https://www.3dproshare.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Return-Policy.pdf

Also, in US their are implied warranties (unless an item is sold “as is” or “with faults”) covering things like a DOA product.

Another thing you can do if you’re buying for personal use is to make sure you purchase with a good credit card (most visas), as most credit card companies also have at a minimum purchase protections.

I think the overall serious problem rate for Zortrax machines is low.

Despite the loose wording of this policy, most sellers will not in fact let you test a product like a 3d printer and then return it with no charge, even if you would imagine that falls under ‘completely satisfied’.

Much like the support rep from Zortrax who said that he could not test it then return it, even though their policy is worded that way, and even though Marvin said he could!

I think policies like these are often intended to cover not be satisfied ‘out of the box’ but not beyond this.

Thank you for your kind advice, ChunkyPastaSauce, Printz.

Yes, I have check with 3DProshare too.

They answered this.

"Your are misunderstanding the policy a little bit.

We give you 15 days after receiving the printer

to let us know about any "out of box" problems or issues with it.

If you were to use it and it was malfunctioning,

we would fix it and/or replace it within that time period."

Now, I understand about their policy clearly.

I'll pray to God before I test it.

Thank you guys again! I appreciate it.

Thank you for your kind advice, ChunkyPastaSauce, Printz.

Yes, I have check with 3DProshare too.

They answered this.

"Your are misunderstanding the policy a little bit.

We give you 15 days after receiving the printer

to let us know about any "out of box" problems or issues with it.

If you were to use it and it was malfunctioning,

we would fix it and/or replace it within that time period."

Now, I understand about their policy clearly.

I'll pray to God before I test it.

Thank you guys again! I appreciate it.

You make it sound as it's very likely you will receive a faulty printer. Bear in mind, that those-the vast majority, that get a fully working printer, will not start a thread "my printer is working!!" after buying. So if a few people have problems, which is normal, they would make comments about it in order to solve the problem. All products have "rotten apples" among them, it's unavoidable. The likelyhood of you getting a defective printer is very small! I am sure you will be very happy with it and get thousands of hours of trouble free usage! Best of luck!

Sounds great!! Thank you!

I have 2 printers. One ordered from Kickstarter 3 years ago, and one ordered from Amazon (from 3D Proshare) about a month ago. The new one showed up in perfect working order. I'm sure if you have any problems, they will take care of you. My 3 year old printer has 6000+ hours it. I've had minimal problems with it. Maybe $150 in parts.. These are great printers!! Don't be afraid.

Thank you for your kind response. I'm a little anxious because my first printer was not good.

Besides, I've never seen the Zortrax's sample with my own eyes. I have seen just photos on the web.

At this time, I'm going to pray to God before I test it . That's all that I can do now.

I hope I can post great results with Zortrax M200 soon, like other people do here.

Thank you everyone for the kind comments.

Thank you for your kind response. I'm a little anxious because my first printer was not good.

Besides, I've never seen the Zortrax's sample with my own eyes. I have seen just photos on the web.

At this time, I'm going to pray to God before I test it . That's all that I can do now.

I hope I can post great results with Zortrax M200 soon, like other people do here.

Thank you everyone for the kind comments.

I'm guessing you ordered one. You won't be disappointed. What was your first printer?

I don't want to cast any aspersion on the brand.

But with the first printer, the printing results was so different from the sample I'v seen advertised.

I still have the first printer. If I make same mistake again, my wife is gonna hate me.  :)

I really hope that I made the right choice this time.

Before buying printers i  took the time to walk into different 3d print stores and look at real prints of all the models available. In that time their were 2 contestants in my price range that printed the quality i wanted. ultimaker 2+ and zortrax m200. What i found was that the quality and especcially the vertical wall quality was the best on the zortrax. I bought one and was straight out of the box amazed with the results I got. This was september. Now more then 1000 print hours later I bought the unoficial upgrade kit to do even crazier things at my own risk and never did I think i made a bad decision.

Small tip: print the extruder cable holder first and make sure the thing is secure because the extruder cable is the only thing that broke because the holders at the back got loose.

Octave Systems in California is also a very reliable and customer-oriented Zortrax reseller, with skilled in-house technicians for any needed service.

Thank Brett90, Julia Truchsess for all the useful information.

However, I found 'Zortrax M200 Plus Kit' ($50).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/262816903844?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

https://www.3dproshare.com/product/zortrax-m200-plus/

Have you ever used this 'Plus kit'? Is it worth?

Thank Brett90, Julia Truchsess for all the useful information.

However, I found 'Zortrax M200 Plus Kit' ($50).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/262816903844?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

https://www.3dproshare.com/product/zortrax-m200-plus/

Have you ever used this 'Plus kit'? Is it worth?

You can print your own set, the files are available on the Zortax library.

Side covers are definitely recommend though.

Sounds great! Thank you a lot!

Hi all,

Finally, I just got the new Zortrax m200 today from 3d Proshare in US.
Actually, I'm little bit nervous because my old first 3d printer was not good.
and I'm a newbie for Zortrax m200.

However, I found some box damages and some traces here and there.
I did not print anything yet.
but, I found 'Total printing time : 11h 34m' in the machine's menu.
Your can check the attached images.

I heard that once I test this machine, return would be not allowed anymore.
So, before I test the machine, I want to check whether these damages and traces are normal or not.
Should I return and exchange other machine? Or is this normal?

New_Zortrax_Photo_Small.jpg

Hi all,

Finally, I just got the new Zortrax m200 today from 3d Proshare in US.
Actually, I'm little bit nervous because my old first 3d printer was not good.
and I'm a newbie for Zortrax m200.

However, I found some box damages and some traces here and there.
I did not print anything yet.
but, I found 'Total printing time : 11h 34m' in the machine's menu.
Your can check the attached images.

I heard that once I test this machine, return would be not allowed anymore.
So, before I test the machine, I want to check whether these damages and traces are normal or not.
Should I return and exchange other machine? Or is this normal?

Dont mind counter, its probably test print done by us or Proshare. Can you get few more (better quality) photos of physical scratches / damages? (not the box though)

The 'scratches' just look like a rub from a bit of plastic. Have you tried wiping it down with a slightly damp cloth?

Just test the printer. The Zortrax m200 is a high quality printer that works out of the box. This is a print of the 3D Benchy file on an m200 done by a user -

Zortrax-M200-3Dbenchy-tV-590x331.jpg

If you aren't getting quality prints with the right settings (the software is VERY simple compared to most) then you can return your printer anyway on  the ground of it being faulty.

Plug in your printer, load some filament and print out the 3d benchy file (with 0 degrees support) and see what it looks like. Then you have an answer to wether the printer lives up to your hopes.