Noisy sound

Dear Zortrax Team…

May I know if the weird noisy sound is normal? You can find it at the video link below… I shared it via youtube.

The link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrA8V3X1l4E

Thanks

No, something is wrong there, check is belts are straight and is your Zortrax is placed on the flat surface try to move it to other place maybe items around of your desk getting vibrations from printer.

Try to locate from where this sound coming is it directly from the printer or somewhere around.

But looking at your print bed somehow it don’t sit in the pegs and this can be a reason.

Best Regards

Dear Martin,

1. Check if belts are straight => Done, and yes, they are straight.

2. Zortrax placed on flat surface => Done, and totally flat.

3. Items around printer getting vibrations from printer => Nothing are beside the printer. Purely alone.

Seems like the sound coming from the print bed or head… pretty sure… as I leaned my head very near till I got a bit heat shock from the printer :frowning:

What can I do to reduce the noise???

You have to tight calibration knobs and then level platform again then noise will disappear because your print bed now not sitting in pegs and oscillate.

Best Regards

I noticed a similar noise with one of the printers I have, I checked everything and found that two of the screws which keep the platform together with the z axis were loosen, I don’t know anything about the design of the printer but I thought that was not normal after checking the same part of the other printer, I found that one of the screws was in the same condition, so I tightened all the loose screws and the noise disappeared.

@Zortrax staff, did I made something wrong? or those screws were supposed to be in that way?

[quote name=ACC]I noticed a similar noise with one of the printers I have, I checked everything and found that two of the screws which keep the platform together with the z axis were loosen, I don’t know anything about the design of the printer but I thought that was not normal after checking the same part of the other printer, I found that one of the screws was in the same condition, so I tightened all the loose screws and the noise disappeared.

@Zortrax staff, did I made something wrong? or those screws were supposed to be in that way?
[/quote]

It should be tighten if is too loose.

Best Regards

Maybe I’m overlooking something, but from your video, it doesn’t look like the heated build pad is pushed down onto the lift… I think the cap screws with the o-rings are supposed to stick through the two holes in the front and the two holes in the back…

@Maecolis the noise issue has been completely solved bro… I tighten all the calibration screws and re-calibrate it while keep the print bed as low as possible (avoid loosed the screw too much)… and thanks to Zortrax team superb after sale services, my lost filament tube came in two days after… with the filament tube installed, the noise completely gone :smiley: