Nozzle crashes into print-bed during calibration / start.

Hello, sorry I never got back, 

Glad it worked out for you!

Same thing happened to me. 

As kyle and the other guys said, cleaning the nozzle while its hot is best so you dont have to scrape it off much.

One thing i do is with the tweezers it came with, i use the edges and pinch the nozzle to remove the residue.

There is one trick that I did on one of our printers here where the contact point was damaged: I moved the point a tad over by slightly (!) bending the lever of one of the homing switches. E.g. if you bend the lever to the right the head will home a mm or two further to the right...and it will also do the z height cal a mm further right....and thus touch down next to the damaged point.

Andre, this is a good tip to know.  I tried forcing the printhead over during the auto calibration to no avail.  Can you provide any photos or descriptions of where this lever is?  Thanks

It’s the little homing switches near the led light strip on the top… It’s hard to miss them.

Is there any plan to do something better than these plugs on the platform?

Seriously, these seem to be a design fault.

What would be superb is some type of magnetic or drop in connector...it would be fantastic just to lift the plate in and out without all that.

And if not, even just a single click in/cam lock type plug not on the top like the little one. Even that would be better.

Is there any plan to do something better than these plugs on the platform?

Seriously, these seem to be a design fault.

What would be superb is some type of magnetic or drop in connector...it would be fantastic just to lift the plate in and out without all that.

And if not, even just a single click in/cam lock type plug not on the top like the little one. Even that would be better.

You can do what Julia did and cut the locking tab off the big one. Not really needed.. You really don't have to pull the platform out all the time.. I never do.

Yes, removing the locking tab makes bed removal much less painful. I remove the bed when I have a big, strongly-adhered ABS print because I don't want to stress the Z-axis mechanism, but with PLA and other materials there's usually not much hole penetration and they pop off with minimal scraper force so I don't bother.

You can do what Julia did and cut the locking tab off the big one. Not really needed.. You really don't have to pull the platform out all the time.. I never do.

I think I removed my platform twice in the last 6 months and that was so I could do maintenance. 

Yes, removing the locking tab makes bed removal much less painful. I remove the bed when I have a big, strongly-adhered ABS print because I don't want to stress the Z-axis mechanism, but with PLA and other materials there's usually not much hole penetration and they pop off with minimal scraper force so I don't bother.

The locking tab on mine just popped off one day when the bed was removed for cleaning.

Mike

I cut the locking tab off that plug the day it arrived and I unpacked it.

I always pull the plate out to remove prints...just not prepared to put that force on the plate while it's in there.

But seriously, even just everything in a single snap on/quick release type plug under the board just couldn't be that hard or expensive.

It's really my only gripe with the thing, everything else has been fantastic.