Nozzle has damaged the bed :-(

I used the 'long press to re-print' option and the bed just kept rising crashing right into the hot nozzle and only the Z motors giving way stopped it.  I had to turn off the power to make it stop.  I didn't realise that it was the long press that caused this at first and just put it down to needing calibration so after a calibration and a successful print, I used the long press to re-print option again and it did it again!

Not happy, as the bed now has two big indents with damaged metal where the nozzle has crashed into it... :-(

Anyone else have this issue? One for Zortrax support?

I used the 'long press to re-print' option and the bed just kept rising crashing right into the hot nozzle and only the Z motors giving way stopped it.  I had to turn off the power to make it stop.  I didn't realise that it was the long press that caused this at first and just put it down to needing calibration so after a calibration and a successful print, I used the long press to re-print option again and it did it again!

Not happy, as the bed now has two big indents with damaged metal where the nozzle has crashed into it... :-(

Anyone else have this issue? One for Zortrax support?

Most of the times it caused by faulty perforated plate. As far as I know, people are using that option with success so its not re-print itself. 

Give us a shout through www.support.zortrax.com/support-form , attach few photos there and mention our conversation

Odd that calibration worked however. 

Most of the times it caused by faulty perforated plate. As far as I know, people are using that option with success so its not re-print itself. 

Give us a shout through www.support.zortrax.com/support-form , attach few photos there and mention our conversation

Thanks Marcin... I just raised a support request.  The printer has done it again today but this time from an initial startup and selecting the file from the memory card.  The bed now has four holes in it where the metal surface is damaged :-(

Thanks Marcin... I just raised a support request.  The printer has done it again today but this time from an initial startup and selecting the file from the memory card.  The bed now has four holes in it where the metal surface is damaged :-(

Got it. We are going to help you, no worries ;) 

I tweeted, but will also post here ....perfect response and I'm 100% back up and running.  Thanks Marcin....great customer service!

Is it possible t post up what the solution was?

1 Like