Nozzle threads broken... again

Well this is the second time I have had this issue...

The extruder started clogging, it stopped about 98% of the way through a printer (really that is unfortunate in itself). I cleared the extruder with the wire, started printing again after feeding the filament back and again it stopped mid print, after laying down the raft it maybe got two layers up, and again quit feeding...

I proceded to heat the extruder and remove the nozzle. I started unscrewing and wouldn't you know it, it snapped again. There is no teflon tape on the threads of the nozzle, it snapped again in the heater block.

I have had this printer about a month, and already had to purchase one new heating element for $75 plus shipping, I really cant afford this down time, and don't have the money to order another.

Why didn't you use your warranty instead of purchasing one?

Not sure what sort of warranty is offered, and the distrbutor I used (3d proshare) was in poland for the week and i couldnt' afford the down time.

you have a one year warranty so you should submit a support ticket in

Just curious, are you using Zortrax filament? 

With all the printing I have done I have never had a clog or had to remove the nozzle, but I only ever use Zortrax filament.

David

Yup, used Z abs and nothing else since the day I purchased the machine. It is cheaper than any other filament, and the quality is great so I see no reason not to use it.

I have also had issues with the filament not feeding correctly. I'm not going to say I have a lemon but it has had its fair share of issues.

When you remove the nozzle, did you heat the extruder?

Yes, I did say that above, but I always heat it to full before removing the nozzle. 

I proceded to heat the extruder and remove the nozzle. 

When you remove the nozzle, did you heat the extruder?

Yup, used Z abs and nothing else since the day I purchased the machine. It is cheaper than any other filament, and the quality is great so I see no reason not to use it.

I have also had issues with the filament not feeding correctly. I’m not going to say I have a lemon but it has had its fair share of issues.

If feeding issues happen even at middle of the print or at some corners of the platform then it is possible that main extruder cable is broken and this can create feeding issues and even nozzle (more upper part of hotend) blockage then please contact with support, describing this problem.

Broken thread is removable from hotend the best is to disassembly hotend, remove upper part (which is hold by two screws) and then without being gentle you can remove broken nozzle thread of course everything have to be done with hotend fully heated all the time gloves and some additional hand can be use full.

You can also soak “clogged” nozzle in acetone and use 0.4mm insert (it is in small rounded box with toolset) to clean it.

Nozzle clogging will happen time to time, the best is to be prepared to replace nozzle every 2-3kg of material used.

If assembly new nozzle do not try to tight it too hard, better is to use less of force and leaving even small space between aluminum block and nozzle than tightening it over limit.

Best Regards

Martin,

I have submitted a support ticket, #3273.

It clogged almost at the end of the print, which to me doesn't sound like the main extruder cable is broken, just because it happened so far into the print. I am only using Z-abs and have used nothing else since.

How can I remove the hot end while it is fully heated, when I need to unscrew the heating elements to remove the threads?

I didn't assemble this nozzle, it was a new hot end purchased direct from zortrax, I am thinking it may have been overtightened from the factory.

Martin,

When you get a chance could you have someone look at the support ticket? I submitted it on Sunday and am hoping for a response soon.

Thanks!

Abraham