Objects printed with Z-HIPS are too stuck to the raft

Hello Zortrax,

I am using my new M200 Plus to print objects that I usually print with good results using the older M200.

Anyway, the objects printed with the M200 Plus using Z-HIPS filaments, are too stuck to the raft, and it is always very difficult to separate the two parts.

I am not having this issue printing with the older M200, so is it possible to have at least the same good results as the M200? Thank you.

Hi giufini,

Are you facing this problem with all of your models? Please calibrate the platform. You can also increase first layer gap in Z-SUITE a bit. It should be easier to detach models from the raft then.

Hi Marek,

Where do I find "first layer gap" in M200 Plus Z-Suite?

Hi giufini,

Are you facing this problem with all of your models? Please calibrate the platform. You can also increase first layer gap in Z-SUITE a bit. It should be easier to detach models from the raft then.

How can I "increase first layer gap in Z-SUITE" ???

I don't see any option about it in Z-Suite software.

Thank you.

Hi Marek,

Where do I find "first layer gap" in M200 Plus Z-Suite?

If you select "External Materials" under the "Material Group" drop-down menu once you're in the "Print Settings" screen you're given access to a few more options in the "ADVANCED" tab which does include the "First Layer Gap" control. ;-)

Thanks to DavidBarwin for his help, I figured out how to increase the gap between the raft and the first layer.

So I have increased the default value of 0.28mm to 0.30mm and now the object can be perfectly removed from the raft and it is neither too tight nor too loose.

I think that the default value for the First Layer Gap using Z-HIPS material should be just 0.30mm (Layer Thickness: 0.19 mm), without needing to customize the settings of external materials for this Zortrax filament.

Thanks to DavidBarwin for his help, I figured out how to increase the gap between the raft and the first layer.

So I have increased the default value of 0.28mm to 0.30mm and now the object can be perfectly removed from the raft and it is neither too tight nor too loose.

I think that the default value for the First Layer Gap using Z-HIPS material should be just 0.30mm (Layer Thickness: 0.19 mm), without needing to customize the settings of external materials for this Zortrax filament.

I’m going to test it myself. Thanks for feedback.