[passage of filament] blocked... How to split this part

Hello…

For change filament…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/azhhtvzd215ityl/20140225_143317.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl0oxdngzzsd429/20140225_160949.jpg

How to split this part? for make hole…

Have a nice day

First, heat up the extruder. Then take some piece of steel about 1.6mm diameter (rod, drill bit, hex key, etc) and push straight down through the whole part from the top (put your steel rod into the top hole where filament normally goes so that it is pointing straight down). The piece of filament that is broken off should push down into the feed tube. Once it’s down inside you can then reassemble the feed mechanism and feed in some more filament normally - make sure it is cut off square (not beveled) so that it acts as a “ram” to push out the broken piece. Worked for me, anyway.

[quote name=Julia Truchsess]First, heat up the extruder. Then take some piece of steel about 1.6mm diameter (rod, drill bit, hex key, etc) and push straight down through the whole part from the top (put your steel rod into the top hole where filament normally goes so that it is pointing straight down). The piece of filament that is broken off should push down into the feed tube. Once it’s down inside you can then reassemble the feed mechanism and feed in some more filament normally - make sure it is cut off square (not beveled) so that it acts as a “ram” to push out the broken piece. Worked for me, anyway.
[/quote]

Hi… Julia…^^*

Thank you inform … But… I tried it…

Maybe I need long length drill bit… But not easy for buy…

If I can… split this part… I will easy solve…

piece of filament is in this part.

Have a nice day…

I have the bad feeling that the two parts are together permanently. :confused: There are these two little holes right below the upper part but there are no set screws or threads in there…it almost looks like that there are small pressed in pins inside… The upper piece probably protrudes into the lower part and the little pins hold them together.

Just a guess…

I had the same problem I took a 1.5 millimeter drill bit and drill it out to work great

Is not possible to separate that part, I had problems like theese before, what I did first was to heat up the nozzle, then I removed it and after that I used a drill at it’s lower speed to avoid damage to the extruder body. After that a 1.6mm diameter rod made the rest. I hope you can solve it, is really hard to clean this extruder when something gets jammed inside.