Pepsi logo (from Back to the future II) coasters

WWnaOA.jpg

Nice, are you pausing and changing colors or are you painting?

I tried the pause first, but the layers have to be at different heights..(not so good for a coaster) I wound up just doing an inset with the blue and red. You can see on the last one the slight inset. I increased it to about .090"

Will you be posting the files anywhere?

how about insert tollerance? usually i leave 0,1 mm and work pretty good

Think about the lettering and marks being inset into the coaster and at different layer heights, I do this all the time with my phone cases.

my insert offset are 0,15-0,20mm (the smaller object to insert, the larger offset)

can you explain how you draw the smallest letters

Which drawing tools?

Drawn in DS Mechanical over a Jpeg.. Just used circles and lines..

Thanks for the reply.

But my English is bad (I speak French) and my question was not well written!

This is a translation.

You say, my 0,15-0,20mm insert are offset (the smaller object to insert, the larger offset)

How do you perform the offset?

Is the object only reduced by the same scaling for all circles and all lines?

Here is an example of a letter A (Helvetica font) (blue) with an offset of 0.8 (red): you can see that the small letter (red) can not get into great.

How to draw red letter so she fits perfectly into the blue letter?

Attachment 2419 not found.

I'm not sure what software you are using and probably won't be much help. Can make the blue letter a solid and use it as a cutter on another solid surface?

I use 3D ViaCAD pro. (Http://www.punchcad.com/p-26-viacad-pro-v9.aspx)

I want to print the green block, print the red letter and insert the red letter in the green block.

1° I draw the letter A blue

2° I draw the smallest red letter A

3° boleene operation : green block - blue letter

4°  I print the green block and the red letter

5 ° problem : whatever the offset of the red letter, I can not insert the red letter in the green block because its measurements are never correct and well proportionate

question: how to insert letters modeled with standard fonts ?

I use 3D ViaCAD pro. (Http://www.punchcad.com/p-26-viacad-pro-v9.aspx)

I want to print the green block, print the red letter and insert the red letter in the green block.

1° I draw the letter A blue

2° I draw the smallest red letter A

3° boleene operation : green block - blue letter

4°  I print the green block and the red letter

5 ° problem : whatever the offset of the red letter, I can not insert the red letter in the green block because its measurements are never correct and well proportionate

question: how to insert letters modeled with standard fonts ?

Maybe you can use the Offset controls in the Z-Suite Prepare for Printing dialog to reduce the outer perimeter and increase the opening sizes in your insert letters?

Why is the red and blue drawn in different sizes? You are using project right? Can you extrude blue into solid after project? Here is how I do it.. You can increase pocket size by .13mm in software like this or use "offset holes" in Zsuite.

Julia and Kyle : Thanks for the answers.

I wished :

1° print the green block with the imprint of the letter

2° print the red letter

3° press the red letter in the green block

I tried the method of Kyle.

It is possible with my software (ViaCAD pro) for letters with straight lines but not for letters with curves.

The Spark Design Mechanical software is probably a more powerful software !

Sorry for late answear, I missed your reply,

I use Sketchup and its 'Offset Tool':

a_offset.jpg

Whole path (after Kyle):

a_01.jpg

as I said, I use 0,15mm (big parts) ...0,20mm (small parts) offsets