PETG Printing Trouble

Full disclosure: I am fairing new to 3D printing. I have done a lot of reading and have been able to over come most issues, however I can not seem to figure this one out.

On Black Friday I purchased some Maker Series PETG 3D filament (HD Sassy Silver) from Maker Geek. It was on sale, a good value, and I thought it would be fn to try external materials on the Zortrax M200. The recommended temp is 240c - 265c.

I loaded a model into zsuite (latest none beta version), selected external materials PETG, kept the defaults, saved and tried to print. I am attaching a picture of the print before a stopped it. 

During troubleshooting I increased the temperature form zsuite default by 2c. I also noticed if I pause the print job, unload the material, reload the same material, it prints fine for awhile and then has the issue again. Maybe I should slow down the print job? Or maybe the extruder is having a hard time feeding the material.

I appreciate any helps or pointers,

-Matt

Hi Matt,

Please go through the autocalibration process again as I see that the extruder head touched the already built layers. There are some material deficiencies on the top of the print and a couple of tiny burnt marks. In my opinion the perforated plate is just too close to the nozzle.

Please let me know about the results of autocalibration and do another test with default settings for Z-PETG.

Btw. Have you replaced a nozzle lately?

Thank you for the suggestions. I ran through the autocalibreation however the print still looked the same. I ordered a new nozzle today and will let you know if they fixes the issue.

Thank you again,
-Matt

Just to be sure that the problem is gone, I would replace the entire hotend (you get a nozzle with the hotend in the set)

I suppose you have no problem when printing with other materials. Am I right?

How about the autocalibration values? Do you get something about +0.3 in the center?

Keep me up to date with your issue

I have faced the same issue using PETG many times. The problem is the nozzle distance from the raft. I think it is too much for PETG. I managed to solve it using the ABS profile and adjusting the nozzle offset from the raft using an external software. It made a huge difference for the first layer but not for every PETG make I tried.

I have faced the same issue using PETG many times. The problem is the nozzle distance from the raft. I think it is too much for PETG. I managed to solve it using the ABS profile and adjusting the nozzle offset from the raft using an external software. It made a huge difference for the first layer but not for every PETG make I tried.

There is no problem with the Z-PETG profile in Z-SUITE. 

It seems to be a levelling issue or a congested nozzle/hotend anyway.