Pivoting spool mount

The ultimate solution to a non existent problem, or over kill. Anyways, why not. It works but I haven’t actually printed with it yet. I have to make a few small edits but they won’t affect performance. I measured the outside thickness of the spool for the main rest but the hub is much thinner. And I missed the little cover piece on the stationary part of the swivel mount, so there is an opening in the back of the printer.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/01gi102cqn1iyko/UMayjrgLS_

Dhatw.

Good job I like that

What’s the idea behind the swivel function? I feel a bit stupid, but right now I can’t figure it out… :slight_smile: :lol:

[quote name=Andre]What’s the idea behind the swivel function? I feel a bit stupid, but right now I can’t figure it out… :slight_smile: :lol:
[/quote]

Test

[quote name=dhatw][quote=Andre]What’s the idea behind the swivel function? I feel a bit stupid, but right now I can’t figure it out… :slight_smile: :lol:
[/quote]

Test
[/quote]

Weird I just type a reply to your question and it vanished.

Anyways, the spool gets “pulled” from side to side as the filament uunwind. This allows the spool to actually move from side to side thereby eliminating that (imaginary) resistance. You can hear to filament catch then slip from time to time, it makes a little clicking sound. I had nothing better to do :slight_smile:

Dhatw.

Ok, now I got it! Thanks! :slight_smile: