Platform and Print Question

Thanks

You should remove the platform out of machine, it's most safety solution. You don't need care about connectors, some time ago some "developers and engineers" create a "urban legends" about that the connectors will be damaged after few prints. At this moment I know of several cases when the connectors was damaged after more than 13000 hours print. 

I can't remember the last time I removed the platform to get a print out. 

I just use the spatula and crap up the prints.To me, it is a pain to unhook the connectors and takes way more time than just scraping it. If its stuck fast, I just do it from multiple sides and I haven't had an issue because whether inside or out, it will be scraped up

I never remove mine either.. Only for cleaning under perf board.. Over 2 years and no problems yet.. :D Be careful not to hit the small connector with scraper though!!!!

Cool. Thanks for all the inputs :slight_smile:

I never remove mine either.. Only for cleaning under perf board.. Over 2 years and no problems yet.. :D Be careful not to hit the small connector with scraper though!!!!

+1

I feel that the raft can be scraped off the perfboard easier if the printbed is fixed inside the printer instead of holding or fixing it otherwise.

BTW, the highest risk to damage the small connector is to touch it with the tools used to get the print off the bed, doesn't matter if the bed is in or out.

+1

I rarely even take off the platform; the small connector is not never gave me a great sense of reliability, it should be replaced with a better one

Thanks

Theoretically speaking, platform should be removed before taking off print. I know that in case of small prints in the middle of platform, its easier and faster remove the print with platform, but we don't recommend doing that. 

As for the connector, most of our printers are working 24/7, heatbeds are constantly unplugged/plugged, and as long as you watch out and wont hit connector multiple times with the spatula, there is nothing to be worried about. 

Theoretically speaking, platform should be removed before taking off print. I know that in case of small prints in the middle of platform, its easier and faster remove the print with platform, but we don't recommend doing that. 

As for the connector, most of our printers are working 24/7, heatbeds are constantly unplugged/plugged, and as long as you watch out and wont hit connector multiple times with the spatula, there is nothing to be worried about. 

Why speak Theoretically? 

Is it recommended to save wear and tear on bottom platform or some other reason?