Power Failure - Resume Last Print Feature

After my latest electrical power failure, I lost another 16 hr. print in mid-cycle. It sure would be a wonderful thing to somehow have a "Resume Last Print" feature.

Is this possible?

After my latest electrical power failure, I lost another 16 hr. print in mid-cycle. It sure would be a wonderful thing to somehow have a "Resume Last Print" feature.

Is this possible?

This is a complex case, during printing the hotend is hot, and in case of power failure the hotend stay on the print, later you don't have a chance to resume the printing because in the hot nozzle you have a lot of materials which will be go out when the nozzle is hot, this material will stick with the print.  The resume printing option is not a hard to implemented, we can save last printed layer on the SD card, but as I mentioned the big problem is with the hotend, without power we can't move extruder on any side. The simples solution is to buy a some UPS power supply.

UPS would just use up more filament before failure if power is not restored within some minutes (or one needs a bigger UPS).

I do understand the issue with the hot end having to reheat. However, the odds are that the failure will have occurred at a non-critical area and not at a surface, Thus with a reheat, it would be a viable option if somehow the print could resume at the point of interruption. At least have the option.

I do understand the issue with the hot end having to reheat. However, the odds are that the failure will have occurred at a non-critical area and not at a surface, Thus with a reheat, it would be a viable option if somehow the print could resume at the point of interruption. At least have the option.

Yesterday I was on a quick reply to the original answer because other manufacturers have integrated such a feature in their product (look at Raise3D), but unfortunable such cannot be implemented for the M200 without modifying the hardware.

Reason is, that you cannot recover in a reasonable way because the printer does not know it's state after power is restored. It does not know what it's X,Y,Z position is and has to be homed first.

There are some other factors also, but without knowing the failure position it's a lottery to resume, could even lead to damage.

I changed my reply because of this to a statement similar to 'UPS will make you not happy for longer outages', but if the printer would have battery power for about 20 secs and was able to recognize power outage via a power good signal, recovery would be a simple feature to implement.

As I know Inventure will have a encoders on X,Y and Z axis, so this future should be available in this printer.

A couple of years ago , I was able to save a print that was stopped due to a black out after 6 hours printing  aborting the print and then printing the remaining  part that finally was glued with some ABS juice.

In Z suite I used the slice function after measuring exactly the high of the aborted print to obtain the remaining part to print.