Print sequece?

Hello I`m new Zortrax user and I gonna jump straight to my point:

I usually print multiple objects in one go(on one platform). I found Z-suit very inefficient way of printing.
Often in my bed there are 4 or more objects scatter allover platform and printer
print one layer of one element, then go to another element - print layer, then  go to next element -
print layer, go back to first element, then print one layer and so on, (its even boring to read this, so about real performance).
It does a lot of unnecessary movements and prints take looong time. 
I was really surprised about this because 3d printing in general is slow and going back and forth only make it longer.
So I have searched for "print sequence" option - like in cura, so I could print one 
object, then move to next etc but it seems I can not found it in spite of Zsuit is
pretty much straight forward.I pray it just me I cant set it. Do anybody know how to set this in Zsuit?
1 Like
Hello I`m new Zortrax user and I gonna jump straight to my point:

I usually print multiple objects in one go(on one platform). I found Z-suit very inefficient way of printing.
Often in my bed there are 4 or more objects scatter allover platform and printer
print one layer of one element, then go to another element - print layer, then  go to next element -
print layer, go back to first element, then print one layer and so on, (its even boring to read this, so about real performance).
It does a lot of unnecessary movements and prints take looong time. 
I was really surprised about this because 3d printing in general is slow and going back and forth only make it longer.
So I have searched for "print sequence" option - like in cura, so I could print one 
object, then move to next etc but it seems I can not found it in spite of Zsuit is
pretty much straight forward.I pray it just me I cant set it. Do anybody know how to set this in Zsuit?

No, there is no setting in Z-suite to make it print a single object completely in a multi object file before moving to the next object.

The intelligence that would be needed is not in the Z-suite software suite, it would have to negotiate the volume/area of the printed parts and the volume/area of the entire gantry/nozzle to keep one from violating the other, thus smashing into your part and wrecking it and the printer.

If a single model takes 15 minutes to print then in a four model set you would think it will only take one hour to print, but knowing there will be a small movement between models there is only added a small amount of extra time for the "hop" between models and if you can place your models close together you can diminish the "hop" time to a minimum.

I was affraid to hear this. Objects I print are usually not to small - and each print take between 7- 10 hours and sometimes 
objects are almost on opposite site of the bed. If I keep objects close to each other z-suit highlight it on red indicating they are to close
so I prefer not to mess of 10 hour print and just place them as close as possible but still not having them red - so elements are still pretty far from each other anyway.

Thank you, I think this would be great update to print all at once or print each element individually before jumping to next.
I was affraid to hear this. Objects I print are usually not to small - and each print take between 7- 10 hours and sometimes 
objects are almost on opposite site of the bed. If I keep objects close to each other z-suit highlight it on red indicating they are to close
so I prefer not to mess of 10 hour print and just place them as close as possible but still not having them red - so elements are still pretty far from each other anyway.

Thank you, I think this would be great update to print all at once or print each element individually before jumping to next.

You can still print the objects successfully even if they are "Yellow" as long as you can see daylight between them they should print fine.

Red color indicates the part is out of the build area, you need to move it into the build envelope.

Two years’ old query.

I want to do the same, (print one part then move to second then third…).

Have we found any solution to this problem?