Printer tests and more

Here are a few more things I printed. The first 2 are 3D printer tests.

And a couple more prints…

Nice!!!

Nice. Except the test 2. It looks disgusting… ;(

We didn’t printed so long time this torture test, looks as few settings have to be tuned.

Best Regards

Martin

Looks like we will need a couple printing profiles to choose from…

Something like “small intricate parts”, “large solid parts”, “technical parts”

Or do you think one profile can do them all later?

[quote name=Andre]Looks like we will need a couple printing profiles to choose from…

Something like “small intricate parts”, “large solid parts”, “technical parts”

Or do you think one profile can do them all later?
[/quote]

We know few issues from the beginning. On torture test infill pushing out walls then wave effect is visible, the most friendly colour for printing now is white :slight_smile:

One profile should be enough just we still looking for balance and after every new feature coming then previous things start to works in different way, but just now maybe 1-2 things to add then only tune of code is to do.

But art/mechanics to choose can be useful.

Best Regards

Martin

Yes I would suggest basing the profiles in 2 categories too. The art category would have it’s own profiles, and mechanics would ensure that profiles are tuned for precission rather than saving raft material etc. After all a non fitting part is a failure.

[quote name=pilou74]Nice. Except the test 2. It looks disgusting… ;(
[/quote]

Photo 2 was with support material still on it. It looks better in the 3rd and 4th photo. If they can improve the place where the outer layer moves in the z-axis that would make it look even better. The cylinders really show where that can be improved. Maybe a little slower movement on small parts would help too.

Printed the Cute Octopus and the Fat Man Atom Bomb with great results!! The Octopus probably didn’t need support but it wasn’t much so I let it print it.

The only minor issue is the ‘seam’ in photo 4. The bomb has one too but I didn’t photo that side of it. If Zortrax can update the software to reduce this then it would be even better! :slight_smile:

Seam going up the side of Octopus…

Yep… I get that too… He had brain surgery… LOL…

needs acetone polishing, i guess… :wink:

[quote name=pilou74]needs acetone polishing, i guess… :wink:
[/quote]

Yeah, I can’t wait to try that! I need to get some acetone and watch some video online to see how it’s done.

Here’s a pair of pliers I printed. Came out nice!

Nice exemple of an assembly. Is the movement nice ?

The pin was a little tight going in but it moves ok. I had to trim the pin tabs just a little so it would fit.

Here’s a vase I printed from My Mini Factory. I used ZSuite default settings and it didn’t require any support. It came out really nice and it’s cool how you can see some swirly patterns in the light (3rd pic).

This is a really good print!