Prints lifting off the plate

Lol, I guess I'm an extremist. I make the slurry more of a sludge, and I squirt some on the plate from an old siracha bottle then spread with a small squeegee meant for applying phone screen covers.

I just dip a bit of paper towel in the slurry, squeeze out the excess and wipe it on the perfboard.

You can hardly even see it, but it gives a great result.

I think I’ll have to give that a shot; sounds a lot cleaner than my current method.

I never heard of that makeraser but I use the same thing as they have in the pictures on their website. It's an empty paint marker I fill with ABS juice and it is way cheaper. I first ordered those stamp pens you can fill with water but those were made from ABS as well so I couldn't use them.

I bought an empty pen from Montana: http://www.montana-cans.com/products/Marker_Inks/Montana_ACRYLIC_Marker_Paint/Montana_ACRYLIC_EMPTY_Marker_30mm/178

I fill it with black ABS mix so I can see where to paint after printing. Doesn't look great (black print bed) but works fine.

Largest would be the Zuzanna lamp. It fills the build plate but there's not a lot of mass to it. https://cults3d.com/en/home/zuzanna-lamp 

The pieces with the most mass were a series of low poly Rams we designed and printed in multiple pieces. Printed with low in-fill. Each part maxed out the build plate in one way or another. The base was split in two parts with each filling up most of the plate but were only about 63mm high. The body was split into as well, taking up about half the build plate and most of the height. I've also printed a submarine I designed that was broken into many pieces. Each piece filled the plate as well.

That engine is essentially like printing a brick. I would try low in-fill instead of full. I only use low in-fill unless it a small technical part, ie: door guides, hinges, etc. Either way, if you have doors and you're using ABS slurry, you shouldn't have an issue. Like Lab Rat and WilsonJ said, it's stronger than the glue stick and it always worked for me. I just didn't like the cleanup, plus, it was harder to remove the raft from the plate depending on the part. Maybe my mixture was too thick? I keep some on hand just in case but I haven't found that case yet.

Thanks.  I've been meaning to try the Zuzanna lamp and as you say that has very little mass so maybe parts like that print better if the stress is lower as a result of the low density/mass.

WRT the the Toyota block and head - there are some holes that need to tapped and low in-fill seems to make those areas too weak.  I will try low infill on another large, blocky part I print in ABS and see how that goes.  Maybe I'm not making the ABS slurry thick enough - it doesn't seem to help me at all on large parts.

Mike

becoming a believer in the elmer's glue stick.  Working great, but haven't tried the slurry yet.

becoming a believer in the elmer's glue stick.  Working great, but haven't tried the slurry yet.

You should.. Use the paper towel method.. Wipe on thin coat.

I tried printing the attached model, and 3 times in a row (3 diff prints) the front left side would disconnect from the plate and lift up about 3-4mm ruining the whole thing.

What is going on?

Hey I had the same problem, I found what works great is use a glue stick on the printing bed. It works great for me. Getting the V2 bed soon hope they fixed that a bit better

4 pretty complicated prints on P.B. v1 with Glue stick and it fixed a bad print and works great thus far.  However; I'm being lazy in this department and can imagine that slurry works as good if not better and has a huge plus ~ it's native to the P.B. and what comes after it.

Idk bout the Slurry.  

I did the Perf bed cleaning once and used the slurry to coat but after a print its gone or atlas the adhesion ability. Now I don't know if I did it correctly but I know I am not going to keep slathering Abs slurry on my print bed when glue goes on easy and quick and clean up is even easier. lol 

Maybe I made the slurry to thin or too thick. 

Anyway i may be ordering a new plate to have in backup as my printer has faired well. It doesn't hurt to have extra parts I guess. lol 

Cheers