Problem with surface quality

Hi,

it seems like recently the surface quality of my prints is getting worse. I've printed a phone case. It didn't fail completely but the quality was very poor since I used the highest quality setting (0.09 layer thickness). 655

2015-01-17 11.11.58.jpg

So  tried to print the torture test model from the make magazine with 0.09 layer thickness  and default settings. I think its strange that one surface on the cube is better than the other. The pillars  doesn't look that bad. But something strange happend with the arc. 

2015-01-17 19.57.05.jpg

Does anybody can give me an advice?

What material is that? The color looks weird. 

I wish I could help but if your .stl file is good then I would only be listing off possibilities.

have you tried anything else but those two prints?

I don't think they have .09 100% dialed in yet.. Try with .14 and check the finish.

I used Z-ABS black with medium infill. 

I will try it again with 0.14 and check the finish.

I've printed that with 0.14 just after I got my M200 and it came out great. I didn't keep the print so can show you but it loads better than that. Apart from very small parts, I'm not sure its worth printing in 0.09 layers. The quality is great in 0.14. Having said that if 0.09 is an option then it should be able to print it properly at that resolution.

Fixed for both Z-ABS and Z-Ultrat - fast preview below. Please wait for the coming update.

that's brilliant news!

PS. isn't this test supposed to be printed without supports so as to test the bridging prerformance at the arc?

I have printed that model again with 0.14 and it looks way better.  

isn't this test supposed to be printed without supports so as to test the bridging performance at the arc?

We want M200 to print best quality models, not to beat printer stress tests.