Problems with end stop

Hi All,

I'm a new with Zortrax m200, a fantastic 3d printer that is giving me a lot of joy. From some day, i have sometimes a problem with end stop, when i launch a new print, the extruder go in one corner (top right if we see machine from behind)  and after come to center to start the print...sometimes the extruder doesn't stop in corner but crashes into! Sometimes is only al little crash but other time no...

Has someone the same problem? How i can solve it?

I bought my first zortrax about 1 week ago.

Best Regards,

Pierpaolo Coppola

P.S. This is a problem that happen 1 print on 10-15, not one yes and one not

Check the endstop cables, the endstop is mounted to the housing in lef front corner.

The end stop cable it's ok!

Yesterday and today i had the same problem...like the post above...i checked the end stop cable, but nothing change because they are ok!

Maybe it's an end stop failure? My print is one week old!

My new machine initially had this (with every print), I checked the endstop and there has to be a little printed rod on the end of the axis - one of mine was missing. I made a new one in SketchUp and fixed it, few weeks ago I was cleaning my machine and what do I see in the back corner at the cables? The original little part with the screw still in it. Guess it fell off during transport. I have added the picture I sent to the distributor at the time and the file I printed, it's in Dutch but that doesn't matter.836

Zortrax End Switch Blokje M3 8 mm schroefdraad.stl

That’s a good thing to check! Maybe the little rod is just loose on pierpaolos printer…that’s why it may only work intermittently.

I added an STL file but can't see it in the post, am I missing something? :)  When I open the editor it is there.

Edit: I attached it to the post in the editor :)

I bought my priter from Italian Como shop...and my printer has both the roods, both on X axis and Y axis. This is a mistake for me now...i'm not a newbie with this machine, i have a good experience on CNC machines. I think of a end stop failure. Because this problem isn't every time, but today i had for 4-5 times!

Help me Zortax !!! :)

Do the the rods actuate the switches? If yes, do the switches make electrical contact (measure with voltmeter)?

Do the the rods actuate the switches? If yes, do the switches make electrical contact (measure with voltmeter)?

The rods actuates the switches (called also end stop) and switeches makes an electrial contact. The problem is random and not every X days or every X printers...i don't know why...maybe 1 day it's perfect or day like today i have the problem 4-5 times!

This problem is growing...if in past days was only sporadic...from yesterday not! Happen 1 print yes and one print no! I cannot print with this problem...maybe i can damnage the guides or other mechanical parts. Please help me  :)

Contact with support or reseller.

BTW: You can open the bottom housing and check the endstop connector whether fit properly, if this not help support will send to you manual how to find and solve this problem.

I'm able to open the bottom to check the endstop connector. I will reply as soon i open the 3d printer. If all it's ok i will contact my seller.

Opened the bottom housing and check if all it's ok...also here all ok! I have shooted also some photo...

you could pull the end stop cable out of the mainboard and check continouity at the plug when actuating the switch. This way you can rule out the cable...wiggle the cable when the switch is activated to see if the cable has an intermittent. Not sure if the switches are used normally open normally or closed...but either way you should be able to check if the cable is good.

you could pull the end stop cable out of the mainboard and check continouity at the plug when actuating the switch. This way you can rule out the cable...wiggle the cable when the switch is activated to see if the cable has an intermittent. Not sure if the switches are used normally open normally or closed...but either way you should be able to check if the cable is good.

I tried also this, i do 100 test and all 100 test the end stop work! Can be a firmware problem?

I called my seller from Como and i explained problem to him. The two screw that supports the end stop were lightly unscrew. Now i fixed them and launched since now 8 prints (1 minute print) and all seem work great!

I will try for 20-30 prints before to say that all it's ok!

It’s always the simple stuff…and the last thing you look at… :wink: