Quality of surface under support

Hi,

I have started printing some large lego pieces in Z-ABS and I am getting a support that is extremely hard to remove and also a very poor quality finish on the underside of the model where the support was attached.

Can anyone suggest some ways to help fix this? Has some of the support stuck to the model?

See pics!

Thank you!

Matt

Hi,

I have started printing some large lego pieces in Z-ABS and I am getting a support that is extremely hard to remove and also a very poor quality finish on the underside of the model where the support was attached.

Can anyone suggest some ways to help fix this? Has some of the support stuck to the model?

See pics!

Thank you!

Matt

Hi Matt,

Could you send me both .stl and .zcode files via PM? I'd like to take a look at the model.

The solution for this might be to go back to 1.13 version of Z-Suite. It didn't seem to have this problem.

The solution for this might be to go back to 1.13 version of Z-Suite. It didn't seem to have this problem.

In the new 2.6.1 version, we've introduced the Legacy support option - this type of support is exactly the same as in Z-SUITE v1.

Thank you...thank you ....thank you for legacy support! 

In the new 2.6.1 version, we've introduced the Legacy support option - this type of support is exactly the same as in Z-SUITE v1.

Some of us believe that earlier versions of ZSuite (like version 1) have better print quality with Z-ABS as well as better support for removal.

Some of us believe that earlier versions of ZSuite (like version 1) have better print quality with Z-ABS as well as better support for removal.

In some cases Support Legacy is better for support removal.

However, we improved the standard supports in Z-SUITE 2.6.1 as well.

If possible, please test them and let us know about the output.  :)