Red Neon is Pink?!

Hi Team,

I send you the form on the website, because i bought new Ultra Filaments, and the Red Neon is actually Pink.

Attached is a picture of the filament, i don’t want pink filament, and i want to return back this spool, please answer me how we can deal with this situation.

Thanks & Best Regards,

André Carvalho.

Got your ticket on Support and already replied there. 

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for the fast response, keep the good work.

Thanks & Best Regards,

André Carvalho.

I suggest to unpack it first, bags which Zortrax using are not really transparent and you cannot see real color through it.

I suggest to unpack it first, bags which Zortrax using are not really transparent and you cannot see real color through it.

Most of the newer filament coming in is in a fairly clear bag as pictured above. The main problem is that some people see the name Flo Red and think that somehow it will still be solid red. Coupled with the fact that some filament slightly changes color after extrusion out of a printer (which might be the intention for this filament).

There are several topics on the forum on pinkish filament. My guess is that Zortrax is trying to save some money on pigments, since they are expensive. The spool of white Z-ABS that came with my printer back at the beginning of 2014 was much less transparent than white Z-ABS which is being sold today.

Maybe it is the filament supplier that is cheaping out on the filaments?  Of course, it is up to Zortrax to hold them to acceptable quality standards.