Removed topic

I recently had a topic removed, and I would like to know the reason. If I was breaking any rules, I would like to know. I shared a link to an Engadget post about the Palette device that allows 4 color filament printing on most 3D printers. I am neither a spammer or a tool for that company. I thought is was of interest In the general discussion group.

Could someone tell me why this was removed, please?

My guess is that they got a little over-zealous when getting rid of all the other spam from earlier. 

Thats a glorified filament maker. lol 

I know this has come up before but when you melt the filament and then remelt it then the properties change. I wouldn't trust that to make strong material but then again the process of melting and melting is still being debated. lol

I know this has come up before but when you melt the filament and then remelt it then the properties change. I wouldn’t trust that to make strong material but then again the process of melting and melting is still being debated. lol

Ah, I think I understand. I have had nothing but great success with prints on my Zortrax. It is a fantastic machine, and well engineered for the filaments they sell. The only bad print I had was my fault by inproperly unloading filament.

I thought that the concept was interesting. And, it would be good to open up the printer to have more control over heat and feed speed to do some of these types of things, but still have the basic setup for the load and print functionality that we all love.

I recently had a topic removed, and I would like to know the reason. If I was breaking any rules, I would like to know. I shared a link to an Engadget post about the Palette device that allows 4 color filament printing on most 3D printers. I am neither a spammer or a tool for that company. I thought is was of interest In the general discussion group.

Could someone tell me why this was removed, please?

I’m sorry for this, yesterday we removed some spammer posts which created xx topics possibly by accident your topic was deleted too.

Overall we do not remove any topics until this is not spam or insults.

Best Regards

Martin

I'm sorry for this, yesterday we removed some spammer posts which created xx topics possibly by accident your topic was deleted too.Overall we do not remove any topics until this is not spam or insults.Best RegardsMartin

Thanks for the explanation Martin. I don’t understand the reason behind spam or spammers, unless they exist just to irritate the heck out of us. Keep up the good work!

I know this has come up before but when you melt the filament and then remelt it then the properties change. I wouldn't trust that to make strong material but then again the process of melting and melting is still being debated. lol

It is not a filament extruder. This machine allows you to print multicolor with single extruder. :)

But printer need to runs off of .gcode or .x3g to be compatible with their software.

If you look at the device and what it does, it runs four colors through the device and then makes one single filament coming out of it that then feeds into a printer. That means it is either splicing them or melting and extruding them into a single filament.

I see from it that it uses the code to anticipate and put the right color at the right time in the filament. But it is still only one filament that is coming out of it. 

Sorry to disagree but I would call it an extruder. lol But I have been known to be wrong. I would take another look at it just to be sure but I don't think I'm very interested in it. haha

Anyway Cheers

If you look at the device and what it does, it runs four colors through the device and then makes one single filament coming out of it that then feeds into a printer. That means it is either splicing them or melting and extruding them into a single filament.

I see from it that it uses the code to anticipate and put the right color at the right time in the filament. But it is still only one filament that is coming out of it. 

Sorry to disagree but I would call it an extruder. lol But I have been known to be wrong. I would take another look at it just to be sure but I don't think I'm very interested in it. haha

Anyway Cheers

It doesn't extrude, it just chops and stitches pieces of filament together. I would still be concerned about the joins causing issues though. 

I stand corrected. Lol. See, I am an idiot. Hehe.

I knew it had to either do that or melt and blend.

The video (from what I understood) didn’t explain the inner workings. So now I am going to have to disagree with myselfs earlier posting.

Lol. 😁