Removing support marks?

Hello everyone,

New Zortrax M200 user here. I have had my machine for a week now. Overall I am very happy with my purchase but I have come across a few hurdles along the way. Firstly was the amount of burn marks my printed models were getting with the supplied UltraT material. I tried different combinations of firmware and Z-suite. I am yet to fully solve that issue but thought I would move on and try and print a more detailed model (see attached). I am quite happy with the detail captured in the print, but am wondering how people remove the white contact marks that the supports leave? I printed this vertically with the head on the print bed as he will have another part attached to his head which will cover most of it. A crown of sorts. Would printing this in more of a horizontal position be any better.... I wouldnt have though so. I would like to retain as much of the detail as possible.

details;

Material Ultra-t Cool Grey, Layer 0.09mm, Infill Medium, Support 30deg

Acetone or heat gun will remove white points. Knock off high points / loose material with abrasive (brush, pad, whatever) first, otherwise end up with smooth bumps. Heat gun easiest / fastest / keeps same overall look. Acetone can get a smoother molded look.

Thank you ChunkyPastaSauce! I tried the abrasive pad and heat gun just now and it worked very well. I was worried acetone would dissolve too much of the detail but would like to try that at some stage. Cheers.

Hi Evan, a courtesy that the heat gun model used? you have photos or the model?

thanks

Hi Evan, a courtesy that the heat gun model used? you have photos or the model?

thanks

Of course. The heat gun is a Ozito HGN-2100 Heat Gun. I would say it is too big however as I can't really target a specific area on the print.... more of a overall area. A smaller gun or a smaller nozzle I think would work well.

I am actually now printing all of the character parts in Z-ABS as I did a quick test last night and prefer the finished results. Will post images once finished