Should I be removing the print while the platform is still in the machine?

I've been removing my prints from the platform by scraping with the spatula tool that came with the M200.

I have to use quite a lot of force to get the print off - am I risking damaging/bending components in the printer?

Should I be removing the whole platform from the printer (disconnecting the 2 cables) before trying to get the print off?

I've been avoiding that because the cables look like they won't last a long time if they're plugged/unplugged on every print (esp. the smaller one looks fragile - and I know those kinds of connectors are not rated for many hundreds of cycles).

Advice?

I've been removing my prints from the platform by scraping with the spatula tool that came with the M200.

I have to use quite a lot of force to get the print off - am I risking damaging/bending components in the printer?

Should I be removing the whole platform from the printer (disconnecting the 2 cables) before trying to get the print off?

I've been avoiding that because the cables look like they won't last a long time if they're plugged/unplugged on every print (esp. the smaller one looks fragile - and I know those kinds of connectors are not rated for many hundreds of cycles).

Advice?

The table can take a lot of force parallel to the plate, so I wouldn't worry too much about that as long as your not slamming or going nuts. Sometimes I have to hold machine with other hand to keep it from moving.

Significant downwards force though, especially to front of machine, can bend the table mount. As an estimate, if you press straight now at the front of the bed with your finger, you can feel the table move down as it compresses the front adjustment spring; I think anything more than that is too much and unnecessary to remove prints in terms of downwards pressure.

Should leave table in printer (you're right the connectors/cables aren't designed for it).

I would say yes.

It is much easier to slip and slice the top connector right off when the bed is still in the machine (trust me, I've done it).

I take the bed out every time and never scrape toward the connector. It is so much easier to get things off on a table or chair than trying to navigate around the part whilst in the machine (especially with side covers, which are a must for and largeish ABS prints).

You are completely right that the connectors are not fit for purpose in this respect, and to my mind it is one of the most baffling choices Zortrax made when designing the machine. The top connector is in a terrible place and very easy to damage and the connectors themselves are from circuitry and meant to be plugged in and left

My platform has a little wedge-shaped (printed) guard in front of the top connector - tho I've yet to whack it with the spatula.

The cable connections to the platform do seem like an afterthought - not only is the smaller one a type not designed for multiple insert/remove cycles, but I see no reason it needs to be on top at all, or why a single connector (with a few more pins) couldn't have been used instead of two.

At least the bottom one is a more robust type, with a thumb latch for removal.

This seems like an easy thing for Zortrax to upgrade someday (soon?) - just a new printbed and cable. I'd happily pay for that, and then remove the platform after every print.