Shoutbox

Shoutbox only keep last hour or so of conversation?

Number of maximum messages in shoutbox is 100.

It may just be me. But I am really not liking the Shoutbox.

There are a lot of technical answers being given and download links that rapidly disappear. That sort of stuff should be placed in the forum so that the same questions aren’t asked over and over and the download links should be somewhere that are permanent. I realize the download links are still beta, but what is wrong with making a download link permanent and labeling it as beta.

A perfect example is when mooney555 said his calibration does nothing. Yes, in the original firmware it did nothing. In the beta that is out there now, you can manually check and adjust calibration. The response he received did not mention the beta that is available or where to download it. The more new owners receive their machine, the more this is going to become an issue.

[quote name=dgtaylor45]A perfect example is when mooney555 said his calibration does nothing. Yes, in the original firmware it did nothing. In the beta that is out there now, you can manually check and adjust calibration. The response he received did not mention the beta that is available or where to download it. The more new owners receive their machine, the more this is going to become an issue.
[/quote]

Well the beta update wasn’t officially released yet so that’s why it wasn’t posted on the forum. It was uploaded temporarily but the link has expired now. They should be posting updated files soon though. Concerns about the Shout Box were discussed in this topic.

@dgtaylor,

shoutbox can keep only 100 messages. The official releases version are not published in the shoutbox. We present there sometimes only test versions, on which we still working and checking. All oficial releases you will find in forum Zortrax news and our blog.