Simplify 3D

Any chance that we could, one day, use Simplify 3D to generate our Z-code ??? This slicer is very powerfull, with a lot of interesting features.

Or, may be a g-code to z-code translator ?

This almost certainly will never happen but you can mod your m200 with a different controller board... which is what i'm looking into.... something like the smoothie. Then you can run pretty much any slicer you want.  Yes it will 100% invalidate warranty if you have one.

Let us know if you find a solution !

Hi,

Just my 2cts.

Instead of modding your M200 so much (I mean, that is not something you can revert easily), you may have a look at the Duplicator 6, it seems more opened.

But like Marcin answered on a post (I do not remember which one), a M200 is much more than some hardware, and I do think the same. Software is as important as hardware, so without the genuine M200 firmware & Z-Suite, do not expected to have the same printing results.

Laurent

I would happily pay the commanding price of $150 for Simplify3D than be forced to use Z-Suite.  In many ways I wish I bought a Ultimaker 2+ for this very reason.  

Its only a working system if ALL materials that are available for the M200 actually print well without any artefacts or problems.  PETG definitely falls into this category and frustratingly one cannot even tweak the settings yourself to improve the printed result - why??????  So in reality of the 6 filaments only 2 work really well (Z-ABS & Z-ULTRAT), I cannot speak for Z-GLASS, Z-HIP's or Z-PCABS but from what I have read, will not be wasting my money on these materials from other users feedback and experiences.

As for Z-Suite its rather lacking in features and really should allow us the user who have invested in the product to change parameters for Zortrax Filaments.  I won't hold my breath......

G.

I firmly believe almost everyone knows my answer.

Hi,

Just my 2cts.

Instead of modding your M200 so much (I mean, that is not something you can revert easily), you may have a look at the Duplicator 6, it seems more opened.

But like Marcin answered on a post (I do not remember which one), a M200 is much more than some hardware, and I do think the same. Software is as important as hardware, so without the genuine M200 firmware & Z-Suite, do not expected to have the same printing results.

Laurent

I'm a prototypist... I have no fear :)    As far as not reverting easily, I have some ideas on that.

Duplicator 6, maybe if the mechanics turn out to be OK, has some advantages, larger build volume and more universal extruder... but that's useless if the machine is of low quality. Quality of Zortrax is proven.

I think you could get the similar printing results running an alternate slicer, but one will almost certainly have to go thru trial and error to get there across prints. Zortrax platform is great as it removes most of that for you (done in Poland), but you give up some flexibility,

I would happily pay the commanding price of $150 for Simplify3D than be forced to use Z-Suite.  In many ways I wish I bought a Ultimaker 2+ for this very reason.  

Its only a working system if ALL materials that are available for the M200 actually print well without any artefacts or problems.  PETG definitely falls into this category and frustratingly one cannot even tweak the settings yourself to improve the printed result - why??????  So in reality of the 6 filaments only 2 work really well (Z-ABS & Z-ULTRAT), I cannot speak for Z-GLASS, Z-HIP's or Z-PCABS but from what I have read, will not be wasting my money on these materials from other users feedback and experiences.

As for Z-Suite its rather lacking in features and really should allow us the user who have invested in the product to change parameters for Zortrax Filaments.  I won't hold my breath......

G.

Ive tried all materials except z-glass ( have a spool). Have yet to have a problem with any of them but haven't had them very long

ABS - Awesome finish,  large parts problematic. Good raft hiding

ULTRAT - OK Surface finish, can print large parts,  surface significantly harder than HIPS... more scratch resistant. Material has higher stiffness. Good raft hiding

HIPS, Great surface finish at .14 resolution (much faster to print with), can print large parts, Edges seem to have higher sharpness than Ultrat. Material scratches easily. Material is "waxy", can smear material into itself (makes raft removal sometimes more difficult). Raft hiding not as good as Ultrat/ABS.

PCABS - Only tried couple small test prints so far but..  surface seems hard, feature edges seemed very "crisp".. I think this material might bee good for things like gears and pivots.... well be testing out more when I can.

PETG - Shiny, so material highlights defects/raft interfaces, surfaces roughness is a little more than other material but still ok for functional parts (probably wouldn't use for display parts). Possilby lowest feature detail. Finish feels soft, but damage resistant (almost seems like a little but of rubber in the plastic). Least stiff

Also, Ive printed over 100 hours worth on two different machines (200 hours total) of HIPS. I haven't had the clogging issue reported by others. Nozzels still seem fresh. I do wipe the nozzle every 20 hours of printing with acetone and run .035 wire thru (not removing from extruder).