Simplify3d export to Zortrax

Is there by any chance someone who does know if it is possible to generate a file ready to print with support material to STL format.

So that I can import it in Z suite and try to print it  on my M200.

I'm asking this because I want to buy simplify 3D to do this kind of stuff because I believe simplify3D is much more enhanced than Z-suite.

Especially for support material. At least that's what I think it should do for me.

I really hope one day Zortrax will recognise it's not such a bad thing to have a 'bridge' to other slicer software.

Im not entirely sure what you are asking about but I can assume you meant ZCODE -> STL.

Answer is simple - NO, its not possible and it wont be, ever. We have closed ecosystem from the beginning and as far as I know, we are going to stick to it. Thanks to that, we are able to achieve outstanding plug and play print quality. 

Marcin,

Thank you for your reply.

What I asked ( at least I tried...) was export from Simplify3D to STL to Zortrax and not zortrax to STL.

And Marcin I love my zortrax, but sometimes I need more

You can just load any STL to Z-Suite and slice it with no support.

There are several posts on this forum from users that create support with other software like Meshmixer etc. and export the STL for further processing in Z-Suite.

Im not entirely sure what you are asking about but I can assume you meant ZCODE -> STL.

Answer is simple - NO, its not possible and it wont be, ever. We have closed ecosystem from the beginning and as far as I know, we are going to stick to it. Thanks to that, we are able to achieve outstanding plug and play print quality. 

At least give us an option to add remove or modify supports in z-suite. You know plug and play is good but we sometimes (me always) need more than this.

Marcin,

Thank you for your reply.

What I asked ( at least I tried...) was export from Simplify3D to STL to Zortrax and not zortrax to STL.

And Marcin I love my zortrax, but sometimes I need more

To be honest, I wont be much helpful with it since I've not worked with Simplify3D ever, but I imagine, exactly like stated above by Z-Renegade, its most likely possible. Just use Simplify3D to generate model with support, load it to Z-Suite and slice with 0* support angle. 

At least give us an option to add remove or modify supports in z-suite. You know plug and play is good but we sometimes (me always) need more than this.

Since you are not the first user asking about it, I've already reported it to software department, but you should be aware its not up to me, really. 

Marcin and Z-Renegade,

Thank you for your quick reply !

That's all what I needed to know.

Marcin and Z-Renegade,

Thank you for your quick reply !

That's all what I needed to know.

You mentioned S3D. Check if added support is exported to STL in S3D, this was an issue in the Versions I worked with (didn't use it for long now).

If added support is only saved in S3D project files you cannot use it.

Take a look at Meshmixer, it's free.

You are asking for trouble, any file you generate with support in a 3rd party program and then attempt to print using the Zortrax will not have the proper coding to know the difference between part and support such that any support will be fully bonded to the part and will be difficult to remove and damaging to part surfaces.

This is why there are settings for fan control (Auto) and the fact that the support and part layers are built individually thus allowing cooling where support to part separation is needed.

If you think about the coding or have observed many different types of printers as I have you would understand why these closed system printers know the difference between part and support and build them differently.

I've used both and I'm happy to stick with the Z-Suite hands down.

But the support removing option in Simplify is very handy, and would be an excellent option to add to Z-Suite. After all it can only result in a failed print if used too much, and can't harm the machine.

Having said all that, the blobbing and stringing as well as the bad bottom layer on 0.29 are getting really old now, and were only slightly improved with recent firmware/software updates.

Considering some of the amazing prints that were possible when the software/firmware was back in the beta stage, it might be worth looking at what's been done recently, possibly with the retraction speed and distance?

It would be good to move forward not sideways or even backwards with print quality.

You are asking for trouble, any file you generate with support in a 3rd party program and then attempt to print using the Zortrax will not have the proper coding to know the difference between part and support such that any support will be fully bonded to the part and will be difficult to remove and damaging to part surfaces.

I have seen good parts, easy removable support that was added outside of Z-Suite.

Parts that get post processed may even have no issues with support that has to be cut off with tools.

Breaking out of that eco system instead of telling what does not work inside it is innovation.  :ph34r:

I have seen good parts, easy removable support that was added outside of Z-Suite.

Parts that get post processed may even have no issues with support that has to be cut off with tools.

Breaking out of that eco system instead of telling what does not work inside it is innovation.  :ph34r:

You have missed the point of this post entirely and you are making wrong assumptions about my response.

You have missed the point of this post entirely and you are making wrong assumptions about my response.

Well, maybe a translation issue, sorry.

But I have read it in relation to the original question and maybe the post has missed that relation too and could be understood that way.