Slicer bug z suite

Hello guys, I have this kind of problem with z suite, while slic3r okay.

According to you, what it depends on? Enclose stl and preview images

Hello there LucaMar

Please double check your .stl file if it's free from errors. This looks like a typical .stl issue. Our team is working on improving our software so it will cover that kind of errors, but for now your .stl must be error-free so the print would be properly transfered and viewed in Z-suite.

Best,

Chris

According to netfabb the model contains errors. Anyway I was able to slice that .STL without correction on the mac version (1.0.2) without problems.

I edit stl and it's tragic :), you have to repair it,

Z-Renegade - I see little problems in fact.. (2 spaces)..

Z-Renegade - I see little problems in fact.. (2 spaces)..

Yes you are right. I will correct my statement to what it's intention was: Slicing probably produces different results / errors on Mac and Win (cannot tell if all options were given by LucaMar).

And: The model is in error, should be repaired anyway. :-)

hello guys, I used too netfabb to repair the model and had the same result as z-renegade. Apparently the problem was in the rhino, who could not make the Boolean union ... But with slic3r okay. Hopefully z-suite will correct these mistakes in the future ... Thanks to all

If the model is in error don't expect the slicer to repair it.  ;)

Z-Renegade, one of the Z-moderators said Z-Suite will have repairing abilities soon..

LucaMar - sometimes there is a problem with small parts; try to scale x1000, then make boolean operation, and scale x0.001.

anyway - problem solved :)

Z-Renegade, one of the Z-moderators said Z-Suite will have repairing abilities soon..

Yes he did and also:

but for now your .stl must be error-free so the print would be properly transfered and viewed in Z-suite.

and that's why I told "If the model is in error don't expect the slicer to repair it". And I would tell this statement also even if Z-Suite had this mystic repair abilities already.

Because I don't want a slicer to do repairs on my objects. Most of all I would like if Zortrax repairs their software regarding the real bugs (for example the bad top surface) to make that printer usable for it's intended use (office, pro) and claims (nearly injection molding like surfaces). Right now I print pretty lamps and try some other ways to use it, but cannot do with it what was intended (meanwhile I ordered another printer).

In fewer words: They should fix the bugs to provide the basic printing capabilities (wich do not work since 0.9.6 when I got the M200) and the users should care to provide clean models.

Oh my, he said this in this topic? Silly me.. :unsure: